Gun and gear storage.

Teo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi.

Ok so I was wondering how everyone stores there gear. Eg. In a closet or lying in a mess in their bedroom. I personally have a large closet with a chest in it. I also have a mannequin in the closet that I put my upper half gear on.

What about you guys?

Mine goes in the Wardrobe. Unfortunately that means all my clothes go on the floor :)

My Mum would disapprove :D

• Supporters

TBH there isn't anywhere in my whole flat that doesn't have something airsoft related in it. I even use my bathroom to store my boots and boot cleaning gubbins, because I haven't got anywhere else more convenient with an easy clean floor. That said, stuff often spends weeks hanging from my shower curtain rail or towel rail until space becomes available in a drawer or wardrobe, vacated by clothes which have joined the queue to be washed... on the floor, naturally.

Keep my shirts and chest rigs on hangers in front of the rest of my clothing and uniforms. I also keep my field rig on the floor with a camelback-style hydration bladder and day sack.

• Supporters

I have a huge (95litre) police holdall that all my soft kit goes in, the rifles are all stacked up in gun bags. All of it generally stays in the spare room apart from the obligatory two days after a skirmish when it lives in the hallway, then the landing (period is dependent upon the intensity of the wife's nagging).

Rifs are kept in their original boxes stacked under the bed. Everything else sits in the spare room in a closet.

Guns in the Gun Room with my Purdeys and fathers pair Holland and Hollands. Not in the same Cabinet of course, the RIFS go in with the old guns we loan out to guests when we have a Rough Shoot.

Boots in the Boot Room so they can be cleaned and polished by the Under Footman.

Other kit in the Dressing room. Not the one en-suite to my bedroom but the one shared by the Blue Room and the Balcony Room in the South Wing, they tend not to be used unless there is a house party down for the weekend.

I chuck it all on the top shelf of my wardrobe. I keep most of it in the bags I take to skirmish so its quick to get out the door with it all ready. I just need to change into the trousers and shoes and I walk out the door with the pack and gun cover.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.