Problems with two mags, Gas & Aeg

declancase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have two problems with mags, one being that all my mags arent feeding into my M4. And my Gas M9 mag lid has snapped, was wondering if anyone knows where i can replace the lid, and also how i can resolve the misfiring.

These are pictures of the M4 and a how my attempt of using good old duck tapepost-8733-0-30915900-1398697716_thumb.jpgpost-8733-0-63434600-1398697714_thumb.jpgpost-8733-0-13010600-1398697713_thumb.jpg

These are images of where the M9 Mag which has broke, i know i can buy another mag but i would rather replace the piece, so if anyone knows where to send me to replace it, that would be great!

post-8733-0-84978700-1398697711_thumb.jpgpost-8733-0-82555900-1398697710_thumb.jpgpost-8733-0-62752200-1398697709_thumb.jpg

The M4 Is a G&P Spec Ops M4

Thanks Dec!

You will be looking for one of these for the gas mag but im unsure of SRC's compatiability with other brands.

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=1339&category_id=182&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

• Supporters

I assume the tape is to stop it rattling, do you have a variety of mags?

Cheers guys, will order one of them parts for the m9,and yes the tape is on it for a tighter fit, but the mag still drops. I think they are king arms M16/M4 mags

• Supporters

If the tape goes all the way around, then you've covered up the place where the magazine catch locks into. That's why it drops out. Some mags just don't feed well in some guns...

• Supporters

Quick question before we get to recommendations - if you take the tape off, does the mag feed properly (disregarding the rattling)?

• Supporters

Have you checked the hop unit is seated properly? If it's not straight that may cause the problem. Has it ever worked properly? Are there particular mags that work or do none of your mags work?

Also, what make is the M4?

MAG magazines seem pretty reliable. Also Classic Army, Dytac Invaders and G&G but some mags just don't work right in some guns. Minor variations in the size if the magwell/hop unit alignment can make a gun picky about mags!

No, I haven't checked anything internally, I am just assuming it's the mags because they clip into place, and then they just drop about 2mm down. I think the mag goes into place and the little spring piece which holds the bb's pushes the mag down a bit. I was on ehobby Asia last night and I read some reviews on a m4 magazine made by G&p and two of them said that they recommend that certain mag if you're a owner of a G&p gun. I haven't got the original mag that comes with it, I just use the ones that were with my L85 A2

• Supporters

You could try lubing the little catch by the BB tube, it may just be a bit sticky from what you've just described. Sounds like the tolerances on the magazine just don't quite match up with the M4 to me though. I'd say, next time you're at a game ask some people if they would mind you test firing a few shots with their mag. Either that or try the same in your local shop. That's how I ended up with Dytac Invaders for my M4!

• Supporters

No worries, let us know how you get on.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.