new to airsoft from essex

nickolay

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

As I said im just starting out in airsoft with 2 of my mates from work (our first skirmish will be in Billericay on the 24th may so cant wait)

I done one big mistake tho I bought items from bbg4l as it was the closest shop to us, but you learn from mistakes.

Sniper riffle http://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Well-MB02-VSR10-Spring-Airsoft-Sniper-Rifle-in-orange.html and pistol https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/SRC-GGH0303B-Heckler-and-Koch-USP-Replica-Gas-powered-Airsoft-pistol.html

But after I found this forum and read few articles for new starters now I know I shouldnt of done it.

What im going to do now is just go skirmish with this guns untill I get ukara licence and get my self g&g combat machine aeg cm16 raider l from zeroone site upgrading to m100 spring so it would shoot 340-350fps. Any suggestions to which grip or sights I should get for this gun?

I have looked at Ian gere post about tight budget for new comers and got most of the items from his post.

Welcome to the forum!

Billericay is a good site, but you should try and get yourself down to Dragons Lair.

Take a look at this map for all the sites near you and around the UK.

At last, someone who read Ian's post without being prompted to do so!! :D

Trousers (british woodlend) http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/110968786431

Holdal bag for gun http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171308237155

Shirt http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231199262703

Gloves http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/201001543955

Mouth mask http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/370871067886

Goggles http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/400501240405

So thats what I just ordered. I want to get green camo vest but cant find cheap one under 30 I guess.

What else do I need?

Eye protection and a good pair of boots. Don't scrimp on these.

I could be wrong about this but I thought the G&G CM16 raider already comes with an M100 spring fitted as standard. Its specced to be a 330 fps gun so its literally a 100m/s and hence likely has a G&G M100 spring in it as standard. My CM16 Carbine came out of the box with 335 fps and a downgrade to an M90 was necessary to get it shooting below 328. You may find yours will shoot out of the box at 335-340, an upgrade to an M110 might be too much.

When it comes to sights its really personal. I see a lot of people with T1 high scopes. Since your using a lower face mask you will probably want the scope to be raised off the gun a bit to make it easier to get on it as your cheek weld will be impacted, and the T1's are light and functional red dot scopes, all be it with a small aperture. You can get killflash's for them to defend against BB's so they can last a while.

Since your playing outside at billericay I don't think the front grip matters much. I would say a flash light and a remote switch would be in order which often makes a CQB front sight a good idea but I doubt you'll be needing that much there so I don't think grip is very important. Just play some games and see what other people have and handle guns with different front grips to get a feel for what you want. You should do the same with the sights really as well, that way you can work out what it is you are likely to get on with.

Ok ty candle. Well for some reason zeroone site told me that m90 going to do 320-330 and m100 340-350fps. But if you say that they come already with m100 than I dont know why they want me to spend £35 on something that is already there. You right I just go few times and see if I can play with one if someone will have it.

Bazz thank you, dont think that would be ANY soon as we didnt even played one game yet. But I might look in to it as wego on more in depth.

P.S. Anyone know of any cheap vests that have few pockets for m4 megs etc.

Btw we situatdd close to chafford hundred or grays area thatsthe area we looking to play at.

I could be wrong I am new to this myself. What I know is I got a CM16 carbine and I was immediately concerned it was overpowered. I got mine chronographed locally and it came out at 335-340. I did a lot of looking online about what the components were by default and asked proairsoft and pretty much everything suggested it was an G&G M100 spring stock. The specs listed from G&G say its a 100 m/s (hence an M100 spring) so all in all the evidence all pointed to 100 m/s aka 328 fps. Now mine outperforms that a little bit, enough to be a problem for many sites near me so I had to downgrade.

Initially I tried a G&G M80 spring to try and hit around 300 fps to be sure I was under, but the spring couldn't get the BBs past the hop up properly,they lost velocity dramatically and it didn't cycle well, got a lot of jams and generally it didn't work. I could have changed the bucking and nub for a softer one and that might of fixed it but I went with some advice from here that suggested I fit an M90 instead, and I chose an SHS M90 spring. That didn't have issues with the hop up and velocity came right in around 325 fps. I lost less FPS than I would have expected for the change, but then performance is now around 95 m/s, so its certainly within the realms of a m90 spring. So based on the fact I lost velocity dropping to an M90, and the speeds I am seeing I think this suggests the initial spring is an M100, and having them both here I can say the original spring is tougher to compress than the M90, and the M90 is much tougher than the M80.

I think its more likely the M100 in it will be 330-340, the out of the box spec says 330 and that is more likely. But you need to get it chronographed to work out what it does before you get replacement springs, Just bare in mind range is mostly in the hop up unit not in the speed, so buy the gun and so long as your under site limits its all fine. You might want to up the fps a little but get a handle on the gun stock if you can, because I know from my own personal experience of getting into the gearbox and disassembly I would rather not have had to do work on it before I could use it. Too high = bad, too low isn't much of a problem.

Have a look at Airsoft Zone in Romford £118

I wouldnt get too hung up on fps.

Play a few games first. You will find that you see things differently after.

In terms of vests, have a look on Ebay.

Decide what sort of vest you want to carry your mags. Chest rigs tend to be cheaper if your budget limit is 30£. Assault vests and plate carriers tend to be dearer.

If you get it wrong, you end up buying twice. Think about what camo to choose if you are going to use it as a basis for a loadout later on.

Remember if you buy cheap from a Chinese supplier in Ebay that the authorities will often add VAT and a handling charge at point of import so its not that cheap in the end.

Yeah I just checked and it seems you right about m100 being already installed. But than a question why they still trying to sell me m100? http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_403_494&products_id=5774&osCsid=2babc10d655ec13495718f4e9fac0a76

Unless who has the gun tell me otherwise?

Well I rang them and asked! Basically it does indeed come with a default G&G M100 spring. However the M100 upgrade they do is a 'better' spring, it produces a little more FPS than the G&G one. They also seemed to think it could probably take a M110 but not a M120 and default FPS out of the box is expected to be 320-330. But then mine was also expected 320-330 and I got 340.

Hi guys

As I said im just starting out in airsoft with 2 of my mates from work (our first skirmish will be in Billericay on the 24th may so cant wait)

I done one big mistake tho I bought items from bbg4l as it was the closest shop to us, but you learn from mistakes.

Sniper riffle http://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/Well-MB02-VSR10-Spring-Airsoft-Sniper-Rifle-in-orange.html and pistol https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/SRC-GGH0303B-Heckler-and-Koch-USP-Replica-Gas-powered-Airsoft-pistol.html

But after I found this forum and read few articles for new starters now I know I shouldnt of done it.

What im going to do now is just go skirmish with this guns untill I get ukara licence and get my self g&g combat machine aeg cm16 raider l from zeroone site upgrading to m100 spring so it would shoot 340-350fps. Any suggestions to which grip or sights I should get for this gun?

I have looked at Ian gere post about tight budget for new comers and got most of the items from his post.

Before you get too carried away with changing springs and FPS, you should have a read of the site rules of where you intend to skirmish. Airsoft Billericay have a site limit of 350 FPS and here is a copy of the rules from their website....

Game Rules & Site.
  • Max power for automatic AEGs is 350 FPS ( all guns will be checked, there may be random checks whilst in game play )
  • Bolt Action Snipers 450fps
  • Snipers must carry back up weapons
  • Minimum engagement distance for Snipers is 30 metres
  • No Blind Firing, rebounds & gun hits don't count, foot shots under buildings do count.
  • MOST IMPORTANT - Take hits, if in doubt please class as a hit.
  • If people are not taking hits, don't shout & swear at them, tell a marshal only.
  • A marshal may randomly shoot you during a game with a pistol only, this is to help ensure people take hits.
  • Pyro's are confirmed on the day & must be inspected before use.
  • When throwing a pyro always shout "grenade" whilst throwing mk. 5 only.
  • Ground level sport so no digging holes or climbing trees.
  • Remove all rubbish from the site, if black bags are provided please use them.
  • Avoid head shots, although these are allowed it can be dangerous.

A lot of other sites set FPS limits to 328 but will tolerate up to a +5% variance.

Thanks for calling them. I guess I just buy as normal, its probably a waste of money just for few fps and as suzuki said other sites limits are 328 +5% so I should be fine.

I will probably just go there once and see how it is and than will start making my further purchases accept for goggles and mask.

I will post after I finish my first skirmish :)

My local sites are mostly 328 fps, and my closest is 328 +2%, so I really didn't have a lot of options I had to downgrade. Honestly you are better off not ever messing with the gun from stock if you can avoid it until such time as you know what your doing. I had to learn the tech before I wanted to. The range is the hop not in the FPS, remember that because its important!

Ok I get it. So if I want to shoot further and have more accuracy I need to upgrade bope up and barrel?

I wonder if zeroone could do it for me if I knew what is better hope up is abd barrel.

Hop up and a tighter inner barrel is exactly you want mate, though you will up your fps by around 5 - 10 with the barrel installed since more pressure builds up behind the bb so it comes out faster when fired.

A good hop up set up will add a fair bit of distance to your rifle. It's why you often see a lower powered TM shooting further than a higher powered rifle - the hop ups are usually vastly superior.

Personally I would say don't upgrade anything yet. Get the gun, get familiar with its range and accuracy and generally how well it performs. Compare it to the other guns other people have brought with them, stock and customised and then determine what to do from there. What I am saying is don't change it yet, because what you have works pretty well out of the box. The biggest upgrades for range and accuracy are probably going to come from minor hop up adjustments in the beginning.

I am told the G&G hop up unit itself is pretty decent. The issue with its hop up, like most, is that it uses a relatively stiff bucking and a standard nub. A softer bucking (45 degrees maybe a little more) and a H nub would potentially make the hop more consistent.

The barrel on the other hand is pretty standard affair in the G&G CM16, so a tighter precision barrel can certainly improve range at the cost of some accuracy. Its not entirely clear that either mod will necessarily improve anything, you may make things worse or gain no measurable performance at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome mate.

Dont worry about FPS of your gun. My gun shoots 300fps and is out ranging alot more powerfull guns. Its all about how well its made and the hop unit. G&G will be fine right out the box.

I want to try that essex site so may see you there.

Regards

Jay

Ok thanks jay. We probably going to play there on the 17th or 24th of this month. I will play with my sniper rifle for the time being until I get my ukara and than get the g&g in black :)

Btw check your and my birthday dates ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.