Where to buy

totoyeahwhat123

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think ares generally is a fairly expensive brand?

just a piece of advise thou: from what I've heard from people who've used the ares tard21.. you're better of throwing the bbs at people.. those exact words used.

From what I've heard and read, I'd have to agree with two zero. A lot of people I've spoken to don't have much good to say about it considering it's price. If it was priced at the £150~ mark it would be a great buy but it doesn't justify it's higher price tag due to some issues it has (can't remember the exact ones at the minute) which you wouldn't want in a £350+ rifle as for the same price you could have your pick of practically any Tokyo Marui rifle.

Like I said - this isn't first hand knowledge, just what I've seen on forums/YouTube and heard at game sites amongst airsofters who heard it from a friend who knew a guy who had a cousin whose dog had one.

Only real problem with the second generation Ares Tar-21s (like mine) is the micro-switch - and yes mine is suffering but on finding a reputable engineer who can fix it the repairs will not cost much. The gun is a PITA to work on as you effectively have to remove everything out of the back to work on it, and the gearbox casing is meant to be weak (only an issue if you're going to play with the gear box), but that's about it.

So the VFC Scar-h would that be a good alternative?

I am a pround owner of an ares tar21.

I suppose the bad ones are the CTARs (short barrel with mars sights), I own a standard length one and got it off 2nd and i am so pleased with the gun overall.

it has solid construction and shoots great, eventually my hop bucking must be wearing down abit but i believe with a new bucking this gun will out range most g&p m4s and i did a A B test alongside my friends brand new Troy M7 and we both shoot the same where mind is a second hand.

the only problem u need to bear in mind parts are difficult to find and some parts are proprietary such as the gearbox shell, cylinder( correct me if im wrong).

from my understanding the Ares one has been out of stock for quite awhile thats why i got a 2nd hand, u might try getting a Elite Force Ebb one, held one before in HK and it looks, feels totally different from the s&t/explorer version.

It is as solid as the ares one and much balanced weight since the battery is front placed.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've heard and read, I'd have to agree with two zero. A lot of people I've spoken to don't have much good to say about it considering it's price. If it was priced at the £150~ mark it would be a great buy but it doesn't justify it's higher price tag due to some issues it has (can't remember the exact ones at the minute) which you wouldn't want in a £350+ rifle as for the same price you could have your pick of practically any Tokyo Marui rifle.

Like I said - this isn't first hand knowledge, just what I've seen on forums/YouTube and heard at game sites amongst airsofters who heard it from a friend who knew a guy who had a cousin whose dog had one.

last bit made me lol

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.