Confused about ARES TAR.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I haven't bought it yet, but I was going to untill I saw there are 2 different versions.

The TAR 21 and the CTAR 21

Is there any difference between these 2? I noticed the CTAR had an in-built mars sight. Is this even removable?

CTAR has the shorter barrel, C being most probably "compact".

Apparently the MARS sight is removable but you will need to buy a rail to go in it's place if you want something else there.

With Ares the original version had the replica MARS sight, which was not well received. Also it had a few issues. Ares brought out an updated version with a top rail instead of the sight and many of the issues fixed, however the fire selector micro-switch still over-heats resulting in you suddenly firing full auto when in semi mode - the fix is simple if you're o.k. with playing with the internals, I'm not so I'm presently waiting for one well regarded repairer near me to finish their own fix so it can be applied to mine.

Not sure - you can tell the difference though as it has no MARS sight on top, just a rail, plus the barrel is normal length where as the original version was the ctar version with the short barrel.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.