Grenades

BrightCandle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Rather than Pyro's I was considering getting either a propane and BB based grenade like the tornado or a blank firing grenade. Which would you say is the better option of the two or is there something else out there?

I am seeing the BFG and tornado's are around the same sort of cost. The blanks don't look all that cheap but then I don't imagine a grenade with propane/green gas and 200 BB's in it is particular cheap to fill either.

BFG is very little maintenance and very easy to use.

Yes its a high initial input but ive gone through 200 9mm blanks so far, so by thermobaric prices at ~£3 each that would be £600 in 1 use grenades.

Plus they're a good way to wake up your hungover house mates with.

Blanks are dirt cheap. £15 for 50 9mm and they are much louder than the gas grenades. The BBs from the gas grenades dont even fly more than 1m anyway and have as much force as a asthmatic breathing on you.

BFG's are technically pyro, just in case you're U18.

If you are, the tornado grenade is good, but if i were you i'd only get the impact, the timed version is terribly inconsistent.

Yeah, I own one. They retail for £80 or so, i got mine for £20, I knew it was too good to be true and once the seller failed to mention there were faulty parts, however I contacted airsoft innovations and they sent me everything to repair it for free! It took some time but i grabbed a bargain thinking about it! :D

I tend to use the distraction device instead of it firing BB's, it lets out 150dbl from 5 feet away, around par with most pyros if not a little less but hey ho.

I upgraded the valve so it could withstand higher power gas and more of it, once its fully loaded with BB's i havent once not hit a target in CQB.

• Supporters

Thunder B's are great IMO - I have 2. Not cheap though - 1 x 12g CO2 capsule and 1 shell per bang (you can get the shells from Bullseye for a decent price, but all the same it's still not cheap). Like so much in life they need a bit of TLC and lube to work correctly...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.