Pyro's

cropzy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't know if this is the wrong place to put this.

Pyro's.

Do you have to own a UKARA to obtain them?

Can you obtain them, or is it only sites that can sell them to be used on site?

I'm talking about pyro's such as the thunderflash mk4 etc.

• Supporters

Do you need ukara/ a defence? NOPE, you must be +18 to buy, and most sites will require you to be +18 to use them.

Can you buy them sites? Yeah, some sites do good deals on them, many don't.

Can you buy elsewhere? Yeah, its possible, you often get better deals this way. But beware, postage will be quite high they are explosives so there are restrictions on who will carry them, also some sites have silly rules like you must only use their pyro or a specific brand of pyro on their site, for the most part I cant find a real reason for this other than a money making scheme on their part.

You get what you pay for, so better quality is good, I generally buy about 10 flashbangs and 5 smokes at a time, but I've had varying results from different companies. One set called Xplode had a 50% failure rate. TLSFX and Enola gaye have better reputations, in my eyes there is a reason for this, less than a 5% failure rate on these. I class inconsistent burn times as failures ie just the same as one that fails to detonate.

Thanks for the info guys.

I was just curious as I figured the rules for them would be weird.

I'm not going to be purchasing any in the near future as I will just use the ones supplied at the mill for now, just wanted info.

Thanks!

• Supporters

Xplode MK5's are a fucking menace - the fuse time can be literally as little as 2s. Don't use unless wearing thick leather gloves, and DO NOT, under any circumstances, light one and pull your hand back over your shoulder to throw it overarm, because that puts it right next to your ear...

• Supporters

Xplode MK5's are a f*cking menace - the fuse time can be literally as little as 2s. Don't use unless wearing thick leather gloves, and DO NOT, under any circumstances, light one and pull your hand back over your shoulder to throw it overarm, because that puts it right next to your ear...

Interesting to hear, my buddy who seems to go into battle with little more than a Glock and metric fuckton of explosives uses their remote dets but I've not tried the handheld ones. Where did you get yours from?

• Supporters

I got the xplodes from Socom Tactical, never again, burn times were unreliable at best.

• Supporters

I bought some from Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield, but they only got the 1 batch - the verdict: 8 out of 10 cats preferred Banshee.

• Supporters

We only use the remote dets, but the malls have only recently added xplode to the list of pyrotechnics they allow. Seeing how seriously they take safety I'm surprised there's so much bad experience of them.

• Supporters

I got my best grenade kill ever with an Xplode mind, but that was because it went off in mid air so the targets had no time to run!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.