King Arms AEG Thompson M1A1

rosscoc87

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was thinking about buying this gun once I get my UKARA sorted out. http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318_396&products_id=6786

I know the G&G combat machines are regarded as the best budget guns around but I like the thompson. Has anyone used this gun? Is it a good buy or a no-no? robust or fragile? value or a waste of money? any common faults? all info and opinions are appreciated

Cheers

Ross

You'll need a spring downgrade since I've seen one of these hit 370 fps with the stock spring. Other than that they're fairly sturdy but you will be very limited with regards to upgrades and magazines.

On the other hand you can turn it into a pulse rifle from Aliens with the conversion kit which makes it look a lot more badass :D

i have the 1928 typewriter by ka, is an awesome gun and has served me well. however i do advise getting your mits on one before you sink your money into it as its a very awkward gun to use, mag catch is not in brilliant place(specially if you change hands for firing, definitely avoid if a lefty) and the plastic does creak a bit. but all said and done i still love mine. mags though are expensive, but you can get drum mags, which mine came with, and i increased the capacity of mine to 8/900. but yea does shoot hot outta the box so downgrade needed!

Yea I heard they shoot a bit hot. Had a wee feel of one at a skirmish the other weekend and it felt awesome. Is it a simple job changing the spring and would i be able to do it myself? Also how would I know what spring to go for?

Cheers

Ross

There's disassembly guides all over YouTube for most guns, the question is whether YOU feel comfortable changing it yourself. When I first started I got the tech at the shop to do it, but now I'm more comfortable I (usually) do it myself. ZeroOne will charge you for a downgrade, but some sites do it for free if you enquire (such as TaiwanGun) or if you buy the spring from them as well.

Spring size will be your call, but I always use an m90 spring as it sits most rifles comfortably around the 300 fps mark. Reason being most sites (especially CQB ones) have a limit of 350 fps so if yours is just a smudge over you may not be able to use your new toy there.

An added bonus is a lower spring puts less stress on the gearbox so it generally lasts a lot longer :)

For some guns it's an upgrade (for example; TM guns shoot around 280 fps stock so an m100 spring would bump that to around 320-325 fps) for others it's usually a downgrade (mostly your cheaper china brands like CYMA) as these often shoot above 360 fps.

Just remember that higher fps doesn't always mean a better gun or more range.

For some guns it's an upgrade (for example; TM guns shoot around 280 fps stock so an m100 spring would bump that to around 320-325 fps) for others it's usually a downgrade (mostly your cheaper china brands like CYMA) as these often shoot above 360 fps.

Just remember that higher fps doesn't always mean a better gun or more range.

Yea for shure i'll keep that in mind, although the natural tendency is "More FPS!" :lol: Cheers man, you have been a great help :)

yea the tommy is a fiddly brute to take apart and i really wouldn't recommend taking apart a brand new gun, get em to do it for ya then you arnt invalidating your warranty. it is a lovely gun like and i was able to get mine in a sale and has served me well too. taken a few bangs that im pretty sure would have snapped my other guns with barely a scratch on it. just when you get it make sure the main body screws are tight to reduce wobble. id probably recommend looking at the wooden furniture version/ looking for the furniture in the future as it would really make the gun. oh and it can take large battery quite comfortably in that massive stock space...

Yea for shure i'll keep that in mind, although the natural tendency is "More FPS!" :lol: Cheers man, you have been a great help :)

No worries mate, we've all been new to the hobby. :)

It is true about high fps not being the deciding factor on range: hop up, inner barrel length and a whole host of other things result in greater range. My TM AUG, for example, shoots on average 275 fps (stock internals), but it still outranges my friend's ICS M4 despite it shooting at a higher fps of 315.

yea the tommy is a fiddly brute to take apart and i really wouldn't recommend taking apart a brand new gun, get em to do it for ya then you arnt invalidating your warranty. it is a lovely gun like and i was able to get mine in a sale and has served me well too. taken a few bangs that im pretty sure would have snapped my other guns with barely a scratch on it. just when you get it make sure the main body screws are tight to reduce wobble. id probably recommend looking at the wooden furniture version/ looking for the furniture in the future as it would really make the gun. oh and it can take large battery quite comfortably in that massive stock space...

Yea the wood furniture would be awesome but I think its quite dear, maybe something to save up for :rolleyes: Yea might go for it then. I'm not going for a WW2 loadout tho, Modern gear with a tommy gun! B) thanks alot dudes!

me likey. wonder how hard that stuff is to fit.(hollow out stock for battery, grip for motor)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.