What gun-opinions

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am looking to buy a shorter style rifle

Options

1 aks74u don't know them make yet

2 mp5 preferably an sd model again unsure

3 Tm mp7

What do people reckon didn't want to make another thread sorry if this isn't allowed and delete if it's wrong by all means just looking for opinions

• Supporters

Mp5 SD is quite long. 800mm is about 10mm longer than a G36C or a short m4.

Short AK is very good but it's not that fast to reload and to switch between semi and full auto (if that matters). You will need to add some rails to put red dot and taclight to it.

Mp7 is fine but it's an AEP. For short distances it's okay.

I would consider a G36C, Mp5K, AUG, Mp5, short M4 too in that order.

Samurai the mp7 would be GBB and the others are shorter still than my 417 350c so their an improvement the reloading and switching from semi to autos not that's important anyway

The guns are mainly for quick paced games where my weighty rifles to heavy and slows me down

Also where can I get a GBB Tm mp7 jcheese and how do you have to run them on propane or will green gas do

Basically pros and cons

Yeah Green Gas is propane + lubricant. Being a TM, they usually need low-powered gas AFAIK.

I haven't used one myself though so don't take my word for it.

Price of magazines really puts me off GBBRs! :(

An MP5 is a great gun for CQB mainly due to the collapsible stock. I would not be put off by the extra length of the MP5SD, the silencer can be removed for tight areas if need be. The collapsible stock has the benefit that you can reduce the length of the stock and pull the gun right into your shoulder. A folding stock leaves you with no butt to put into your shoulder and an M4 style stock only shortens by about 50%. Try one for size and if its too big then an Mp5 or MP5K may suit better. An MP5 can easily be converted to have a torch front grip (cost me about £15 to do this on mine).

I wouldn't bother with an MP7 unless you want to go for the GBB version, but the GBB versions look a lot of fun :)

• Supporters

P90.

Yeah, that's right, I said it!

• Supporters

I would not be put off by the extra length of the MP5SD, the silencer can be removed for tight areas if need be.

Really? I thought the whole point of the MP5SD was that it has an integral suppressor that isn't actually designed to come off?

A full length M4A1 is plenty short enough to do CQB with anyway. 800mm isn't a big deal.

Yes but standard design has it fixed on by 2 lugs so its as easy to remove as a lightbulb. Some are screw on like normal suppressors but the 2 lug system is common.

Another idea would be one of these:

AM-001-DE-1L.jpg

Ares Amoeba. Basically an M4 but with folding stock and battery compartment/raised top rail. Can't comment on performance but if I had to get an M4 for CQB this is what I would get.

If I could get any short gun for CQB then I would have to go for this though:

MURS-4920136146686-1L.jpg

Actually I would wait for the shoot and scoot AEG M1 Carbine :D

But for a cheap MODERN CQB weapon with readily available parts, you can't go wrong with an MP5

Love the m1 and the amoeba is kinda ugly but beautiful but not really my things

Saying that I want an m1 carbine now Gas or aeg ow and don't know where I said it but wouldn't be for cqb as much as I haven't even played a game of cqb yet just for fast paced small games at woodland

• Supporters

AKS-74U all the way. If you're looking for light, you don't want the ICS one - it's about the same as the real steel. The CYMA is probably not much lighter, but has the benefit of being on sale from gunfire.pl for £130

- for a light one you'd be best off with the D-Boys from taiwangun.com / get them to downgrade the spring to a Guarder SP100 and then use it until it breaks = after that just drop in a whole replacement CYMA gearbox for <£50 (although I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts a couple of years, you just can't tell with D-Boys stuff / some of it is made of dog hair matted with chewing gum, some of it is pre-formed popadoms, some is good). You can get plastic or aluminium RIS handguards for them, but you'd have to check exact compatibility (actually if u r interested say so b/c it's info i wouldn't mind having myself but i cba to go looking right now) - ehobbyasia.com have them iirc.

Did someone say MP5?

Ahem...

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/20586-lcs-mx5-a5-mp5-now-l80/#entry143855

(Shameless self promotion, I know).

Edit: Didnt know he was on about the GBB MP7.

GBB MP7 is way above 250 fps, mine kicks out a solid 320 and is range/accuracy wise the best gun I own. Shoots further and more consistently than either my TM HK416 or M4A1.

My bad I assumed he was on about the AEP variant, will edit my post.

• Supporters

_MG_7008.jpg

As you can see, it's battered, had a lot of use!

The silencer is an FMA quick detach tracer unit that I can highly recommend if you're wanting to play CQB, since you can clip it on and off in a second when you need it.
http://www.ebairsoft.com/full-auto-tracer-silencer-tb631-p-6773.html Cheapest place I've found to buy it is ebairsoft, the flash hider that comes with it is for a KWA/KSC MP7 though and doesn't fit, but if you pack out the inside of the silencer with a bit of electrical tape it fits snugly over the stock marui flash hider.

Sight is a DYTAC aimpoint T1 replica, it's the only one I've had so far that hasn't died from the recoil, this one's about 6-7000 shots in and still going strong.

Torch is an element replica of a surefire m300 scoutlight on an offset mount, gets in the way of the folding grip a little bit but the on/off switch sits exactly where my thumb needs it to be.

Have a PEQ15 as well to go on the top, but it's only really for night games as during the day I've no use for an IR laser and illuminator!

Cool that's greatly so very low profile high speed low drag kinda work I'll have to look into getting some accessories I want a peq-15 for my 417 anyway so that I'll buy I'll have a look into t-1s as I've only ever run an eotech do am used to that and I might buy a light but later on

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.