TWA Urban (Anerley) site closure

Suzuki Yamamoto

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For those who use the TWA Urban site, if you're not already aware by now the site has had to close as the contract has not been renewed by the landlord. All TWA games will now be held at the Woodland site on a fortnightly basis.

There is now only one CQB site in London (Bunker 51), which ain't that great. Just read this review for more evidence.

Anybody thinking of starting a CQB site London would be on to a winner with the right site.

This is a real shame although it too suffered a lot from being single fatal funnel layout. But it will be missed.

There is a decreasing amount of London based airsoft sites in general, its not apparently from a lack of players and most of them sell out a week before the game.

The London sites are normally full and sell out before the actual game dates. The TWA Urban site did actually expand and gave itself a different dimension in terms of game play. Unfortunately for us now though we are limited for sites in London and have to travel to the outskirts of the M25 for a skirmish. Sucks if you have to take public transport all the time.

There was a thread for a new London site, but nothing new has been posted in that thread.

I am really missing that site now. I am intending to travel all the way out to Epsom this wednesday to get my hit but its going to take nearly 2 hours to make the journey out there and again coming back for a 3 hour game. Doubly worse is that there is literally one train at 23:19 that if I miss I am screwed. The close by hotel is completely full, and past that time I can't get all the way home without using cabs, and the whole journey I am told would be an eye watering £150.

With Bunker 51 being shut for easter and a 4 week gap its really slim pickings for anything less than 2 hours away. I would do the Sandpit but no two tones allowed, so wont be doing that for a few months. The woodland site these guys do is pretty hard to get to unfortunately, so all in all I really hope the nightclub and TWA find some nice urban sites to use that aren't insane to get to.

How much is a Sunday return ticket to Reading ? as The Mall is only about 5 minutes walk from the station.

(alas the other sites I play to the north of London all require a car to get to)

To get to the mall in time I would need to stay in a hotel the night before or the night after. The weekday events start to early to make so I would need to stay in a hotel the night before and the weekday events they run finish too late and I would need to stay in a hotel after the game. I have looked at all the timings and going all the way across London to Reading right at the start or end of the day isn't possible.

I am more looking into the South and South east end of London. Billericay is a bit far, I would need a 09:30 start rather than the usual 08:30 to be able to make sites up there on time. So I am targeting more London end of Kent and South London within M25. How well a site is connected and how many changes I have really changes the timing a lot. I have found many of the Kent sites are no where near train stations making them very expensive (cabs) to get to and the train lines are obscure meaning many of them despite crow flies distance being fine are actually 3 or more hours away. Most of the sites down the train line I am on have closed. Gillingham for example used to have sites and there was Northfleet CQB.

The three sites close to me were Bunker 51 and TWA urban and UCAP sandpit. Those 3 sites are all well within an hour, but with TWA urban closing down I have just the two. UCAP sandpit is no two tones (still got my CM16 transparent for at least 1.5 months due to Bunker 51 timing of games) so that is out of the question in the short term. I probably need to stick to half days for a while anyway as my fitness needs serious work! Hearing about heartattack hill in the sandpit does not sound like its the right site for me right now.

TWA woodland is about 1 hour and 15 minutes but needs a cab to complete the journey and then the timings go up and up with further sites. Many just can't be reached for their start time. The placement of the nightclub looks like it would be just about close enough because of the train lines its on as well.

To get to the mall in time I would need to stay in a hotel the night before or the night after. The weekday events start to early to make so I would need to stay in a hotel the night before and the weekday events they run finish too late and I would need to stay in a hotel after the game. I have looked at all the timings and going all the way across London to Reading right at the start or end of the day isn't possible.

I am more looking into the South and South east end of London. Billericay is a bit far, I would need a 09:30 start rather than the usual 08:30 to be able to make sites up there on time. So I am targeting more London end of Kent and South London within M25. How well a site is connected and how many changes I have really changes the timing a lot. I have found many of the Kent sites are no where near train stations making them very expensive (cabs) to get to and the train lines are obscure meaning many of them despite crow flies distance being fine are actually 3 or more hours away. Most of the sites down the train line I am on have closed. Gillingham for example used to have sites and there was Northfleet CQB.

The three sites close to me were Bunker 51 and TWA urban and UCAP sandpit. Those 3 sites are all well within an hour, but with TWA urban closing down I have just the two. UCAP sandpit is no two tones (still got my CM16 transparent for at least 1.5 months due to Bunker 51 timing of games) so that is out of the question in the short term. I probably need to stick to half days for a while anyway as my fitness needs serious work! Hearing about heartattack hill in the sandpit does not sound like its the right site for me right now.

TWA woodland is about 1 hour and 15 minutes but needs a cab to complete the journey and then the timings go up and up with further sites. Many just can't be reached for their start time. The placement of the nightclub looks like it would be just about close enough because of the train lines its on as well.

TWA are now doing a pickup service to take you to the site when you get off the train at New Addington. Thinks it costs £3 or something like that. Find the group on Facebook for further details.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.