Mid cap mag... Who makes good M4 mags?

NH Shooter

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all... Just picked up a nice rifle, but I need some mid caps... But I've no idea what manufacturers are considered decent for mags. Any suggestions? It's for a vfc if that make a difference...

I bought a couple MAG ones a few weeks back. The cheaper ones are plastic but if you don't mind that they feed brilliantly and are affordable.

I got mine from Airsoft Supply Drop. Unfortunately didn't fit through the letterbox because of the size (so had to pick them up ont weekend) but on the plus side they were very nicely protected. Would recommend.

Job number one would be take it to a friend (or to site) and try out whatever mags they're using to make sure whatever brand you're intending to buy will fit and feed. I'd say MAG are good, but my M4 just didn't like them; it's a G&P but it works best with CA mags.

I've seen two threads recently where people have just bought 'M4 mags' only to find out that the ones they bought didn't feed (or in one case even fit) in their gun. My response to one guy (and it would be the same to you) was:

In my magazine box upstairs I have 6 different brands of M4 midcaps. This is because over the years I've had about 5 different M4s and they were all just picky about what they would feed from (in some cases some mags would not even fit into the magwell). Unfortunately not all M4 mags are the same, so while one gun may take one brand of mag it won't necessarily take another brand, even if they look the same. My G&P likes CA mags for example, but won't even fit Dboys and doesn't like to feed from A&K or (strangely) G&P.

It's not just M4s either. I just bought an LCT AK which came with an LCT mag that feeds fine. I was then happy to find out that my TM mags from my TM AK also fit and feed fine, but confused to then find that my SRC mags, which fit and feed fine in my TM, will fit but not feed in my LCT.

So it's worth checking (if you can) before buying!

MAG mags for the win. Cheap and very cheerful.

• Supporters

I used Dytac Invaders in my TM M4 and they worked well. Then I bastardised the TM M4 so it's not mostly Dytac anyway and guess what - they still work really well! I paid about £40 for a box of 5 if I remember correctly.

I'm still using the same Classic Army Metal mid caps I got when I first started. It was a box of five for around £60. I've used them in G&P, Classic Army and G&G rifles and not had any issues with them. Had them for five years now.

Been using (shock, horror) G&G plastic midcaps in my M4 for a while now. Ne feeding or fitting problems whatsoever, and a nice design to boot :D

This may be due to the mags being the same manufacturer as the rifle, however Longshot's G&P mags didn't work in his G&P so this could just be better I suppose.

I bought a box of 10 plastic ASG mid-caps for £40 around 18 months ago and they've all worked perfectly in my CA M4 and G&P M16. Ok, they're plastic, but look spot on and are very low-maintenance.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.