Sign in to follow this  
adam bussey

G36 - las gun how would you do it

right the questions up and I'm going to try and turn my G3g into a lasgun without permanent mods, so how would you do it?

Without permanent modification or a whole new body It's impossible. You can however recycle as many G36 parts as possible.

I'd go for a simpler Kantrael MG Short,Since It's a very simple shape. Use the G36 mag as a 'long type' battery in it or something.

Ia11-79-lasgun.jpg

Parts from the G36 I'd use-the stock,magazine,mag well and internals.

Otherwise I'd make a body mold out of wood and send it to a company which does consumer plastic casting.

The G36 is simply too different to any Lasgun patterns to be used and look accurate

If this was just a simple 'make it look more futuristic' thing instead I'd just buy this furniture conversion kit, or install the M4 stock converter and buy a futuristic looking M4 stock.

I'd also get a few of these mags if you can deal with 20rnd lo-caps. They'd break up the outline of the G36 and make it look more streamlined and alternative. Could be nice if you upgraded to DMR-spec?

Maybe one of these RIS kits for a built in suppressor or a custom long and wide flash suppressor? You could take a suppressor to a milling machine if you have access to one and cut 6 evenly spaced slots out of it with a slot drill? That'd make it look really cool, like a massive flash hider.

^^If you don't like the idea of buying a suppressor and chopping bits out of it consider a futuristic flash hider like this one.

Or you could forget long weapons and use almost completely stock parts to create something like this:

g36sc_02.jpg

^^Just a simple 'futuristic G36' google search brought this up

Just get the XM-8 body kit

300px-Xm8_sideview.jpg

we're talking a lasgun here not a generic sci-fi weapon

We're offering alternatives for you Adam, because as UTJ said (in the first post in this thread) you would not be able to make a Warhammer 40K style Lasrifle without permanent mods of your existing weapon or making a complete new exterior from scratch.

couldn't you make a item that replaces handguard that slots on over the rest of the body

I don't think so no, the rear end of the gun would be out of proportion.

If I were to do it I expect I'd want to build a complete las gun upper and just bolt the g36 lower on to it.

silhouetted a G36C and a Lasrifle- It's far from it but pretty close. What I've added is essentially a big chunk of plastic that covers the magwell and the handuard,It can be pinned via the handguard pin and the pin for the magwell. The barrel can be easily milled out of aluminium or cut out of PVC with a dremel.

Personally I think Jcheese's suggestion of simply building a new body and just recycling G36 parts is the best option. The G36 does not look grimdark enough to be a lasrifle.

e0JaE4Y.png

Best thing to do is this:

Take a G36K variant. With the scope carry handle cut off the carry handle part (I know modding) but its a cheap part. Then leave the front of the carry handle off the gun, Try and get a shorter barrel length and get a mock suppressor. With that screw it on and then mark an angle from the top edge back down to be similar shape to a lasgun. Cut that back so you have the right shape barrel end. Then with the spare barrel you should have fit it within the mock suppressor so that it comes out slightly. Perfect end barrel shape. Maybe change the magwel to an M4 variant to get a vertical mag. Use the G36CV type stock as that is most similar.

Really you cannot manage to a project like this without modding.

Using that K variant scope makes it look like its using one of the scopes that fit on the heavy weapons Imperial guard teams that fits to a Lasgun to make a sort of DMR (even though they are meant for the weapons teams)