NAE 14!

Kaza66

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys!

It'll be my first year at NAE this year, it's a while away yet but I'm looking forward to it!

Who else is going? What will you be rocking? And how much extra cash should I bring! :P:lol:^_^ I hope to put some names to faces too, whens the time to book?

Also, whats the site like? Any CQB involved? I'm looking to get my mp9 properly up and running smoothly be then, but the site is nearly 4 hours from us Nottinghamshire'ers!

Where's everyone else travelling from?

Kieran.

Mighty tempted to go, just getting the time off in August is always murder at work

Alright for some TacMaster! Hampshire is what, half hour away? My main concern is the camping... Gonna be sharing a tent methinks. It's 4 hours here too Monty. I figure it's worth it for one of the biggest Airsoft events across the country though. Looks like great fun

• Supporters

6 hours from me, worth it though.

There's not really a lot of CQB though, K. Can you imagine 1500 people in CQB? A better name for that would be FUBAR lol

And Tac. Yes. AK master race lol. I'll be taking mine along assuming my mate doesn't break it at the game I've (probably foolishly) let him borrow it for, tomorrow...

And Tac. Yes. AK master race lol. I'll be taking mine along assuming my mate doesn't break it at the game I've (probably foolishly) let him borrow it for, tomorrow...

Considering doing what you did last time and have me an alternative- providing your mate doesn't break your AK could I have a go with it at the NAE? Makes more sense to try before you buy :)

• Supporters

Nottingham is about an hour from Sheffield, and you're South of me. Add an hour for picking people up on the way, food and toilet stops etc.

S'about 6 hours. Especially once you get lost in the most white dominant town on Earth. People were staring at my mate Ben as though he were an alien. (He's Asian lol)

Last year the trip home was one of the highlights, we were all so sleep deprived that we were literally high from tiredness. Talking about service stations being ideal places for tramps to live, 'cos they're open all the time. Then how they must all set out to make it to a service station once they become tramps, but only a very small percentage survive the journey lol.

Then my mate Joe was like, "Why don't they just live in the countryside?" and we went off on one talking about how there's fruit everywhere and shit.

Not laughed so hard in absolutely years, seriously.

But anyway, you can have a go with it if an opportunity presents itself, Tac. Joe bought one at the same time and it actually stripped a piston absolutely months ago, so I dunno if they're just inconsistent in terms of production batches, or if he was abusing his a little more than I was, or what. Hopefully it'll still be around come August time.

Lol last year was kinda cool. Although I missed out on the Sunday game as I lost my eye and face pro after finishing the Saturday game. It was fun though. But seriously I'm not going again till I have my own car because public transport and taxis are fucking useless and I had to be driven back to the coach stop by Rick.

• Supporters

Liam' and I will be there a long with a couple of others. If you want to book in get yourself booked in on delta!

Guest Governor

Been "The Others" since 2011 and loved it every time!

The only issue this year is that the weekend after the NAE I have my DofE Silver...

• Supporters

I'll be there with the team, we always play Delta. Its currently a 2 hour drive from where I am but I'm probably moving before then which will make it closer to 4hrs each way. Its worth it!!!!

Just walking round the campsite with a beer catching up with other teams is a giggle.

• Supporters

Yeah, I'll be there, one way or another. I expect I'll be sniping, but I'll take an AEG as well - not sure which yet / may have a new one / who knows? I'll probably be wearing DPM unless I manage to find the money for Partisan before then. "Others" all the way!

How much money to take depends on how much food, drinks, ammo,* etc. you're going to take and what else you think you may buy kit wise. If you're there mainly for the skirmishing, you wont spend much unless you buy new kit.

The site is plenty big enough to get lost in and has a lot of different areas, but not many of them would count as CQB. Even the village, which would be a CQB arena ordinarily, becomes a pitched battle. Not sure that an MP9 is really the thing, unless as sniper backup.

*You'll probably use less ammo over the whole weekend than during a usual day skirmishing, because the site is so big. You spend a lot of time patrolling / looking for trouble.

im going got a few of us coming dont know how many from close action yet but shout be a laugh looking forward to it its my first and will not be my las time going

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.