What bbs?

Joshb1612

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,I was at airsoft zone today and after talking to the guy who works there, he said that bulldog bbs aren't any good, I've used 12,000 bulldogs and haven't had a problem. He suggested I use g&g bbs. Wanted to get some of your opinions

thanks

Josh

I use 0.3g Gunfire Rocket Platinums from the site Gunfire.pl.

3000 for about £16

Only fired about 200 through, but they are more accurate than Blaster devils 0.2g so they do me :)

Blaster .30gs. Very consistant BBs. I am a bit concerned for some visible mold lines but according to a micrometer they are very consistant,Most around 5.95-5.98mm range,which,although not as good as Devil .28s which I've averaged at round 5.95-5.96 is decent enough. Not a single air bubble to be seen and the casting looks very good. I'm making very tight groupings at 35m,about 14x15cm,hitting a man size target easily at 50m and able to git a cherry tomato at 15m. Note,this is after washing them thoroughly. When comparing washed to unwashed they feel noticeably more greasy,and reek of mold release agent. Recommend washing them. Blaster Devil .28s are not as greasy and do not reek as badly.

Pretty okay price at 17 euro a bottle.

ILRBKDp.jpg

• Supporters

I think that there are limits to the usefulness of better BB's. In typical AEG's (sub 368FPS) the wind (by which I mean anything upwards of a good fart) and inadvertent shooter movement (by which I also mean deviation from perfectly horizontal in the X-Y plane) will affect accuracy far more than the difference between BB's of a minimum quality - I'd draw that line in the wallet at BB Kings with Bulldogs on the wrong side of it.

Blaster Devils are very good IME, but unnecessary for AEG's - ordinary Blasters get just as many hits in skirmish and it's only when shooting at targets such as the upper half of someone's face peeping through a 6" wide opening that the difference between Blasters and BB Kings comes into play.

At higher muzzle energies, where small differences will have much further range in which to affect trajectory, and particularly when shooting BASR's when single shots count far more than when firing semi-auto AEG's, yeah I think it's worth spending more, but not, it turns out, as much as £23-odd for 2000 Madbull 0.4g Tan BB's which do not live up to the hype...

I use Blasters most of the time but recently bought a pack of King Arms 0.2s.

TaiwanGun's P&J BBs are said to be only slightly worse than the King Arms and are very cheap - so if you're ordering anything else from there (£11 shipping from Poland if order is under £55 or something) I would recommend you try some out.

Wouldn't recommend Bulldogs because JBBG say they're good, which will mean they aren't. I used them in my cheap shitty springers like 2 or 3 years ago but never used them again in my AEGs.

I don't know....yeah they are probably fine but you could get much better ones and at around the same price.

I would imagine bulldogs are okay. I would suggest not buying them solely on the basis that they are JBBG own brand. I tend to use whatever the site I'm at sells when I run out.

• Supporters

I recently bought a couple of bags of BB Bastards, they're expensive but I did feel like I was getting better shot to shot consistency with them at the far end of my gun's range.

Haven't done any kind of actual testing though so they might be exactly the same as blasters but my mind was projecting improved performance to justify the cost.

Bulldogs are crap though, ditch that rubbish.

Oh, and Fireball too... utter toss, only BB I've ever known to jam in a speed loader!

.2g Blasters for CQB

.25g Stingers for everything else

So the majority of you use blasters, I'll have to give them a try then. To be honest I have used a lot of bulldogs in my aeg and not had a problem, but now I have a new and better aeg I don't want to run the risk. Has any of you tried the G&G bbs? They seem pretty good which the dew I've shot, look well polished too.

• Supporters

I actually use a range of weights depending on the gun. The M249 for example is using up my stock of 0.2 Blasters which I bought because my TM M4 was originally so weak!

The SCAR usually gets a Hi-Cap full of Blaster Tracer for CQB work so I can see where I'm shooting :)

Been using King Arms 'Platinum Series' for the past couple of years (for a joke a lot of my mates bought me bags of 5K one birthday 2 years ago) and Blaster .25 and .30g. All of them have been great so far- however I think KA put more protective grease onto their BBs as there is a much more apparent smell of it in the bag compared to Blasters, so if you're using heavyweight KA BBs in a BASR you'll probably need to wash them a little more vigorously than usual.

I still have an unopened pack of Bulldog .12s lurking around somewhere as well......sh*tty little spheres of bad plastic :ph34r:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.