Buying a gun with a friends UKARA defence?

Lord_Metile

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my mum said to me I should not get a two tone gun as everyone will be able to see me, but I should get a black gun. You must go to three games in a year to get a membership. However my friend has a UKARA defense. Would I be able to use it to get a fully black gun with everyone's consent?

Technically yes, but he would be the owner of it and he would have to keep it at his house, and only lend it to you on skirmishes. If you ever got caught with an RIF apart from at skirmishes (sometimes even at skirmishes) and cant provide a defense, you're gunna get f***ed by the long dick of the law!

It's three games in no less than 2 months. So on the 56th day your name can be added to the database and you can buy a "RIF"

If you are to play at a regular site that has an affiliation with a shop, ie patrol base, zero one, JD et al. They may have annarrangement where you may purchase the gun but they hold it on site for 56 days. But obviously you are limited to only that site.

In reality it's only two months, save some pocket money and rent a gun till you have a UKARA.

From a legal standpoint your friend could buy it and give it to you, but as soon as you give him any money for it he's broken the law and could be open to prosecution. Safest way, as others have said, is just to wait till you've got your defence sorted out.

edit - changed 'more' to 'money' in first line

Edited by dapprman

^^problem is Lord Metile is U18 so he can't get a UKARA defense. If he got a junior membership at a local site that could work as some sites will let junior members buy RIFs at their shop if an adult parent/carer is there in person.

Are you over 18?? Obviously your friend plays and you play with him. So you can buy it from him as he knows your a player and just being a player is a valid defence just hard to prove to people so if you already know him and skirmish with him then he wont get in trouble. If HE buys it with HIS money then sells it to you as you as a skirmisher wihout UKARA then there is no problem. Fact. That is legal. As long as he can prove he skirmishes with you then there is no law broken.

Or, get your Mum and/or Dad to play. They may enjoy it and once they have a defence they can buy the guns. This works well on 2 levels, you get free transport to games and if you have different types of guns you can switch them around and get more variation. 1 game Dad may be the support gunner Mum is the sniper and you are running around with the assault rifle, then everyone switches for the next game etc.

^^This, after my dad took up smallbore gallery rifle shooting I became a junior club member through him and get free coaching, as well as him paying for my ammo (although that mainly because I don't hold a license and he does)

Or, get your Mum and/or Dad to play. They may enjoy it and once they have a defence they can buy the guns. This works well on 2 levels, you get free transport to games and if you have different types of guns you can switch them around and get more variation. 1 game Dad may be the support gunner Mum is the sniper and you are running around with the assault rifle, then everyone switches for the next game etc.

My dad plays sometimes. I'm going this weekend with my friend who's never been. My dad's not playing. I'll use my pocket money to slip an extra few more games in there.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.