Cyma M14 Issue

evilfree

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

So I recently bought a Cyma M14, and it works amazing for the first hour or so after that 30% of all beebs travel 10 feet, and the rest are normal. It did this 2 weeks ago and again yesterday.

Its not the motor or battery so I am assuming its possibly the hop getting dirty or collecting grease/film from the beebs?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you're suspecting beebs giving you a dirty hop you can wash your bb's the night before in diet cola but be sure to use diet to prevent adding sugar to them, and give them a rinse with dish soap to get it all off. Leave them in an old sock on the radiator to dry ;)

I've read of snipers doing it and apparently the increase in accuracy also is good.

Have you got a good air seal in the gearbox?

Yeah its not an air seal issue.

The thing is pinpoint accurate when working fine, every round hits its target, and then all of a sudden some beebs just fall out basically.

I cant think of anything else!

Yeah I was thinking have you had the GB apart?

Might be a little bit of foreign matter in their or something getting knocked loose so that when it rattles about during the day, it'll occasionally obstruct your piston making full contact, so that shot will have less power and dribble out?

Then once the FM is hit with your piston head, it flys out the way and your next few shots are fine until it repeats?

The gearbox hasnt been opened.

Guess I just need to strip it down and see whats going on!

Could be grease around the hop up rubber,wash it out and see. Could also be a compression issue,a bad O ring,nozzle,tappet plate return or cylinder head. Diagnosing AEGs is hard for a person used to BASRs like me so I guess gutting it would be a good option. My bet is either on compression or tappet plate not returning the nozzle properly.

Well stripped it down and it turns out the hop wasnt moving very well and was jamming so cleaned the tons of excess grease from it.

Just need to take it out for a spin and see if it has helped.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.