Demand for Airsoft in South Yorkshire

Empyrean

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Greeting airsofters,

I am looking to set up a business revolving around airsoft and was wondering what the demand was for the activity in South Yorkshire. This information would be very useful as it will allow me to weigh up my options and either invest in retail store, or a skirmish site, maybe even both eventually.

The areas I am considering are Sheffield, Barnsley and Rotherham as these are all easy for me to access.

What I would like to know is:

Which of these three locations would you like to see with an airsoft retail store/skirmish site or even both?

If such an establishment was built would you use it on a regular basis?

Which of these 3 areas would benefit most from a store/site?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated and advice will be taken on board.

Thank you for your time.

Well I live in Sheffield but nearest to Rotherham so I can give you an idea on those two but I know sod all about Barnsley so maybe someone else can shed some light there.

There's one shop in Rotherham and in fairness that's more than enough. The town centre is dead too so I'd avoid as a retail spot if I were you. There are no skirmish sites that I know of though. Personally I couldn't give a monkeys about woodland and there are a few places nearby offering that so a CQB site in Rotherham with a good location and facilities would have a shot at getting my money.

Sheffield has Ops 7 which has a good established rep however they're well out of the city centre so there's a potential market if you looked at closer to town (division street or Devonshire street for instance) however if you're a newcomer you might have a job convincing folk away from ops 7. As for sites there's a couple of woodland ones that I know of and the stan which you'd be hard pressed to beat if you're wanting to do a cqb site if its still as good as it was 12 months ago.

Hope that helps

Thank for that, any info is helpful at the moment. I'm attending a business course next week to help should it go ahead, which it may not do possibly.

I was thinking more about a CQB site as it can be open more throughout the year in terms of weather and I've seen a few sites around Sheffield that look promising but need to do some more exploration. Personally id like to use the stones cannon brewery near Sheffield town center for a site.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=667&q=stones+cannon+brewery&oq=stones+cannon+brewery&gs_l=img.3...785.6582.0.6799.21.10.0.11.11.0.77.615.10.10.0....0...1ac.1.40.img..9.12.613.77ZZcUzqZSg

With regards to the retail store people have told me about Ops-7 and how well established it is so setting up near by would be a poor move.

• Supporters

How much experience of airsofting do you have?

• Supporters

so a CQB site in Rotherham with a good location and facilities would have a shot at getting my money.

There is a CQB site in Rotherham, it's run by Skirmish Airsoft, there's one game a month and it's in the old accommodation blocks just around the corner from Wentworth House, it's very good.

There's also The Stan in Sheffield just outside the city centre, Brit-Tac's woodland site in Barnsley, and a couple of other sites not too far away either, Yorkshire Tactical Airsoft out in the Peaks, Bawtry Paintball which runs airsoft events hosted by other companies on a fairly regular basis, lastly there'sTac-House Spartan in Chesterfield, which is a CQB site too.

So the area's pretty well catered for with regard to sites. Shops though, are a little lacking, I'm only aware of Op7 on Infirmary Road, there's also a much smaller shop run by The Stan's owner on Malin Bridge, as well as a paintball shop next door. Though their stock leaves a lot to be desired imo and the staff aren't the most knowledgable people in the world either.

I tend to travel to Patrol Base if I feel like having a physical look at stuff and that's about an hour or so away in Huddersfield.

• Supporters

There's also Chesterfield Imperial Airsoft although their webby is saying Closed Until Further Notice... hopefully we'll see them again, but maybe they've gone down for too much competition.

There is a CQB site in Rotherham, it's run by Skirmish Airsoft, there's one game a month and it's in the old accommodation blocks just around the corner from Wentworth House, it's very good.

I had no idea about that one. As much as I love The Stan and Tac House I'd like to try something else. Variety being the spice of life and whatnot :). I'll give it a google.

• Supporters

Videos on the channel ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.