Magpul PTS CQB ERG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest PT247

doesn't the kriss have recoil mitigation? I thought it's design was such that it reduced recoil? Gave up on the TM MP7 idea I see then. How is your car now?

The recoil is still there yes but it does feel really nice. yes car is fixed cheers sorry if i wasted your time. I have been given an mp7 aeg for the moment just miss the m4 but want realism too. So getting saving for that now but i may change my mind lol

Guest PT247

glad your car is sorted now buddy, hate it when that happens, it is never at the right time :-)

No need to worry bout that now mate, am sure I'll get the MP7 sold at somepoint as they are fantastic guns.

The RM4 is lovely tho

I'm definitely buying one. Some day... (Probably in like 3 years lol)

I've heard the extended follower on the ERG magazines is fragile though which is a little annoying but not a big deal.

Plus the fact is doesn't disassemble normally / isn't like a normal AEG internally or something. As a very inexperienced tech this isn't ideal either but I'm going to be working on other projects and things before I buy that gun so I will be more confident with the basic maintenance I'd do on it.

(No plans to upgrade the RM4 anyway)

Other than that, looks like an awesome rifle. Annoyingly, the Scout is £350 over here (almost $600) but only $380 in the US. Maybe it would actually work out cheaper ordering from the US. I know Evike ship to the UK but I haven't looked to see if they stock it yet.

Guest PT247

I'm definitely buying one. Some day... (Probably in like 3 years lol)

I've heard the extended follower on the ERG magazines is fragile though which is a little annoying but not a big deal.

Plus the fact is doesn't disassemble normally / isn't like a normal AEG internally or something. As a very inexperienced tech this isn't ideal either but I'm going to be working on other projects and things before I buy that gun so I will be more confident with the basic maintenance I'd do on it.

(No plans to upgrade the RM4 anyway)

Other than that, looks like an awesome rifle. Annoyingly, the Scout is £350 over here (almost $600) but only $380 in the US. Maybe it would actually work out cheaper ordering from the US. I know Evike ship to the UK but I haven't looked to see if they stock it yet.

got mine from ehobby asia, worked out cheaper (and it was before UK shops were stocking them). They post quite fast too.

It disassembles very easily, it just has extra bits in the stock tube is all.

I got warned I should ask my local customs office about importing guns because customs have been known to seize and destroy some stuff.

I've asked before about it though and most people say you just need to make sure your UKARA number is clearly displayed on the box. Even if there are delays it's usually resolved easily enough with them.

I did see it on eHobby Asia but didn't go to check the price or shipping on it. I have been on that site a lot recently and it's bloody great.

Guest PT247

out of the 4 rifles sitting in my living room only one of them came from a UK seller. My mates are starting to buy abroad now too as it is not much slower all the while Parcel Farce and UK Customs to their bit properly. Have never had an issue with customs except for a patch where they took ages to process an order.

IIRC, the RM4 is $380 from eHobby Asia. That's ~ £225.

However, once you add on shipping and customs / import charges you're looking at another £100.

So, you're not really saving much. Like 30 quid.

Personally I'll just buy mine from Land Warrior Airsoft, if they're still selling it when I want to get one. I haven't seen any other UK retailers stock it.

They also do the box set of 3 magazines for £35.99, but they may be worth importing. $40 from eHobby Asia.

Guest PT247

I realise this thread is about the M4 but I ordered my GHK G5 with 6 extra gas mags and including delivery still worked out cheaper than it would have cost for the gun and 1 extra mag in a UK shop.... when you consider it is roughly £50 a magazine in the UK there is def money to be saved!

I realise this thread is about the M4 but I ordered my GHK G5 with 6 extra gas mags and including delivery still worked out cheaper than it would have cost for the gun and 1 extra mag in a UK shop.... when you consider it is roughly £50 a magazine in the UK there is def money to be saved!

It definitely depends on what you get. That's great though! Will keep that in mind when I'm looking for a gas rifle. The price of magazines is the one thing that's putting me off buying a GBBR.

I did notice today actually they sell the KWA Kriss Vector for just under $300 which is an absolute steal compared to the £400 ($600-ish) it costs over here!

yes i know and the problem if you do your research you can definitely save a lot of money. so long as you know about the import charges because some may see it as hidden charges. I know this only helps reduce our economy by buying abroad. As a retailer myself it also affects us too, but if you had a local shop who ok stocked it at the standard UK price and you could have it the same day would you prefer the extra to be able to just pick it up the day you paid or to save money would you be happy to wait?

Guest PT247

in the instance with my G5 it was in stock in the shop I first clapped eyes on it and knew it was a gun I wanted, but with effectively saving £250 on that order (and if you include the other 4 mags I ordered seperately £350 total I saved) I have effectively got the gun for free.

In an ideal world I would buy from the UK for all my toys, but with that sort of saving, limited stock in the UK and in most cases still having to order online and wait for items to be delivered (normally when I am out so I still have to go to the Parcel Force office to collect) buying from outside the UK is a no brainer on SOME purchases. With the RM4 as has been pointed out I didn't save that much but I still got the gun before I was able to find a UK seller with it in stock.

I have a friend who is able to sort me items from the US (not airsoft guns anymore) which means I don't normally have to pay any shipping or handling charges etc from bits I order from America. I am getting my HPA set up this way and with the Dollar/Pound the way it is the delay is worth the saving.

I don't want our UK based shops to go out of business, they are a valuable asset but I am not going to throw money at them without seeing how much I can save from other companies first.

I actually bought my TM MP7 and TM G18c from the UK and in the case of the GLOCK it has proved a wise choice as a couple of mags started leaking which I dropped in to them and they fixed while I waited FoC, there are def advantages to buying in the UK and to buying abroad, people just need to be aware of the up and downsides to both ie: UK suppliers are generally more expensive, have less stock and you don't always get free postage, buying from Taiwan for example means less warranty support (although Samoon are amazing), slightly longer delivery times, shipping can be expensive and the Parcel Farce fee is a rip off, UK Customs are a PITA but they don't rip you off and the VAT/Import Duty is not excessive.

Currently if I was buying another RM4 and I could get it delivered to my door for just £30 more than ehobby-asia would charge me I'd possibly buy in the UK, it does massively annoy me that an item can be shipped in from the other side of the world as a one off order, eg single gun, for less than a UK shop will sell it for over the counter. Even the UK online only shops which have far less overheads still cost more.

• Supporters

That's the thing though isn't it, overheads! Staff/utilities/rent/insurance/tax etc over here are all MASSIVELY more than they are in Asia, not saying that all UK pricing is 'fair' but I can't imagine a situation where the prices here and the prices in Asia will match up to any extent.

That said, for smaller stuff I'm willing to pay the premium to buy it from a UK seller, the convenience alone is worth it, Fire-Support are my go-to retailer for anything less than £100. I just wish that UK stores would stock more of the obscure stuff, especially parts.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.