a word of warning - army uniform

Richie Boyle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I had a chat with a mate last night about the 95 kit i bought. Not my first choice but i couldn't find any of the older DPM so i went with what i know. Its thin material but fairly durable. The latest kit is not! He wore his stable belt and ripped 3 belt loops off when he removed the belt. He did a 3 day exercise and had to exchange 2 pairs of trousers after it. The guy is a technician in the signals so not exactly SAS training which does show just how cheap and nasty the new uniform is. DO NOT BUY IT! Its bad enough that our lads and lasses are being subjected to thus rubbish but you lot are spending your own money so don't waste it on the newer army kit. Its not worth the hassle

Personally I think he is just unlucky. I wore the stuff for years (cadet instructor) and never had an issue. And it got punished over 3 day excersies.

The smocks were great!

• Supporters

What Sam said, I've worn the newer PCS stuff extensively in barracks, on boarding ops, land exercises, you name it. Worst thing I've had to deal with was a rank slide button getting ripped off by a heavy box as I put it down.

Use it regularly within the cadet forces. Worst I've seen happen to it was a guy getting a rip down by his trouser pockets (he's a hamfisted numpty anyway ) apart from some design flaws *cough*cough*mesh inside the smock*cough*cough*, I think it's great and looks a lot better than having cadets in '95 DPM of varying shades of fadedness.

The latest kit i think is is a huge step forward and is really good, the problem is within the manufacture as we award it to the companies cost cutting however we must think we have designed kit to las a tour or 6 months the americans do 1 year tours so the kit has to be tougher. I think its a step in the right direction :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.