Cyber Gun Colt M1911A1 100th Anniversary

cropzy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I went to Patrolbase with a friend last night to buy a tactical vest and look at a potential 1st weapon.

I had my eye on the skorpion which they sell (removed off of website, still sell in store). It's and AEG with around 290 fps and NBB. I shot it, quite accurate and felt good.

Then he told me an ideal cqb weapon and 1st gun that I would love would be this http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-pistols/cyber-gun-colt-m1911a1-100th-anniversary.htm. It's a GBB Co2. I fired it and it felt amazing to shoot and to hold, it was robust and rigid and its an iconic weapon.

Have any of you guys had any experience with this weapon? I am really considering it for my 1st weapon as it felt amazing.

What do you think, I will get it around the end of the month when payday comes :)

And as it's CO2 most sites wouldn't be happy for you to use it

Very much this. One of the reasons I stay clear of CO2 weapons even though the Dan Wesson revolvers look so pretty...

I digress. You asked before about the Skorpion and the advice on that still stands - it's a fun gun but needs a few upgrades to be skirmishable. Namely a new inner barrel, lipo battery and a thorough gear box clean/regrease which is fiddly with AEPs due to smaller parts (and this is an AEP - whoever markets it as an AEG is just after your cash).

Like Monty said: a combat machine will do you well for a first rifle. Or an ICS sportline is just as good though a lot of the parts are not TM compatable due to the split gearbox system. Fire support stock a lot of ICS gear and offer free delivery with any order that contains an ICS rif if you're on a budget (cheapest m4 they have is ~£130 with a folding stock).

That said the combat machine really would be the one I'd pick out of the two though. It's just as tough/durable and the parts are easily upgraded whereas with the ICS it's a gamble with some internal parts.

As the OP seems to only do CQB, there is a case for getting a pistol, just not necessarily that pistol. A non blowback quiet pistol like the Mk23 socoms is probably one of the best CQB weapons available. The ASG MK23 is fairly cheap and would not break the bank allowing the purchase of an AEG after a bit more saving up. CO2 pistols are not a good idea as some sites will not allow them. Blowback pistols are great fun but are less efficient and require more maintenance. An AEG will be needed if you want to try different sites that include outdoor areas so it's a good idea to plan on getting one but if you're happy doing indoor CQB for a while a pistol should do the job.

I know from experience that at the courthouse in Bristol if I really want to get kills and kick ass then the best loadout is my Mk23 socom and a couple of mags in my pockets. This gives a very light load allowing quick movement and enough accuracy to take people out along corridors and across rooms. An AEG such as an MP5 however gives a different play style where you can shoot more in order to pin people down rather than having to conserve ammo until you have a definite shot. I would suggest that for CQB it would be a good idea to plan to have both available. If you can only afford one gun, get the AEG as it will allow you to try woodland skirmishes but if you plan to get both, there is no harm with starting with a pistol.

If you really like 1911's then I'm sure someone will know a good green gas powered one, my knowledge is limited to my Mk23.

What I am going to do is allocate myself around £300 at the end of the month as it is when I get paid and my ukara comes through. Then I will go to patrolbase and test out a few AEG's and purchase one as I would much rather prefer an AEG to a pistol and I would like something decent. I will maybe get a few extra mags and a BFG aswell.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.