Airsoft Awareness!

Shayde

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I love Airsoft, and although i've only been to around 10 games, i've loved each and everyone :) Not only is it a great chance to meet new people, and build on crucial life skills it keeps me fit ;)

I REALLY want to raise awareness of this fast-growing sport, in a hope to raise more sites and gain more players. Earlier this evening i created a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/AirsoftAwareness) and i'm going to use it as a community page. I want to build a strong relationship between site owners, players and business managers. If you could take a moment to like the page, and possibly share it, you'd be helping to spread Airsoft to a wider audience. On the page, within the next few days, i'd like to start partnering with Airsoft Sites, webpages and Teams. Together we can raise awareness for the sport we all love so much :)

Kind regards - Shayde

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums :)

Personally I hate fb and there are more than enough airsoft pages that i wish i had never bothered to like, except that once in a blue moon somebody says something interesting and i kid myself that the last few months of what is essentially spam through my inbox was actually worth it.

But I am probably known as the resident curmudgeon, so what do I know?

• Supporters

Edited your first post to make the web address a hyperlink.

There are actually loads of very functional airsoft Facebook groups which are doing what you aim to do exceptionally well.

Though for community driven pages to work they actually tend to be groups, pages aren't designed to be used as community hubs, they're more for advertising.

The issue with it is the same as the issue with forums: There are loads. So if someone's looking for info they tend to just join the one they find first, or all of them, but then they'll frequent the one they like the best.

You can't be the one that everyone likes the best and most people will already have a favourite, I'm a member of a few that have over 2000 members, which as far as Facebook groups go is about the same as a Facebook version of Arnies forums or something.

Also, since you're new to the Facebook airsoft scene, you won't have been exposed to too much of the bullshit fuelled politics of airsoft yet. I would honestly say to just avoid airsoft related Facebook pages because almost every time anyone asks anyone for anything it'll turn into some sort of argument because it turns into an "I know this and you don't so I'm better" sort of ridiculous circle jerk of bollocks.

You'll no doubt become accustom to it as your page gains popularity.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.