MCG Gaol - Matlock Combat Games

SgtTalbert

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just been speaking to Ammo Drop and he's let me know about this site near me (40mins away) opening in June (he will have an on site shop there)

MCG The Gaol is to be located within the Former HMP Ashwell site in Oakham Rutland, with a playing are in and around 3 of the former Prison Wings we also plan to offer a safe zone with Flushing toilets, Electric Charging points, Canteen and a shop (supplied by Ammo Drop)

Photos here - http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/MCGLTD/library/?sort=3&page=1

Looks really good, rather excited for this opening!

Their Facebook group can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1380754465536224/

• Supporters

Yeah I'm hoping to get up there for a visit - it's not too far for me to go.

• 2 weeks later...

We now have an open day for The Gaol guys...

Matlock Combat Games Brings you there new site MCG The Gaol...

We are holding the first Game at THE GAOL on Sunday the 4th May (Oakham Enterprise Park, Rutland, LE15 7TU)

Based in 3 of the Old wings of HMP Ashwell, surrounded by Razor wire topped security fencing this is a great chance to play around an old Prison... Our first game is the 4th May followed by our grand opening coming in June...

80 players Max

The price of the day will be £30 (Discounted fee for our first game) and will include lunch, we are asking for a £10 deposit upon booking, this will be via PayPal please message me for details...

All bookings please state an email address so we can send confirmation of your booking and include any dietary requirements.

Hire guns are available at £50 and payable in full at the time of booking, there are only 15 of these available guys!

NO UNDER 16's ON Site

FPS

350 Max AEG

400 Semi

500 Bolt Action

Pyro will be our own Thermo only, this is due to sound restrictions in place from the council.

Further games are to be announced in the coming Months.

Pics http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/MCGLTD/library/?sort=3&page=1

More site specific info is available on our facebook page MCG The Gaol.

Edited by shotagain1, Today, 10:20 PM.

• Supporters

I can't get there early enough unless there's anyone with space in their vehicle going from or via Nottingham, but I'd love to go if there is.

The normal fee will be £35 non Members and £30 for Members, our membership will be £40 a year, and give a £5 discount at both our Woodland and this site, and we are planning to open every Sunday following the last couple of hoops to go through for the council??

We hope to open fully in June/July...

This site is really starting to tickle my interest, especially if zombie games are on the cards. Is the site likely to expand in to other areas of the prison or have you got the use of all you'll ever have?

There are no plans to redevelop the area, mainly due to the high costs involved, we have all we are likely to get. Mainly as the rest of the site is used as an enterprise park..

How long we will have it obviously depends on the council, but we hope to sign a long term lease very shortly...

• 2 weeks later...

How did the 4th May go? Someone I know went who said that it was a good day and should turn out to be a nice site.

I want to give it a go, but the fees are a little steep imo.

Something I like about The Embassy is the Medic Revive rule. Does that go on at Gaol? Do you have pics of that day or know of any videos anyone took?

• Supporters

565 Photos some video's on the fb group

Oops, i should add my impressions:

there are a number of issues with it being a new site / working out which games work etc., adding cover outside, blanking sight lines;

but it has the potential to be an amazing place and the team, Justin in particular, are well open to suggestions to make the place better and willing to change things immediately when it appears to be needed;

i was far from on form and the reds with whom i was teamed mainly got slaughtered, but i still enjoyed the day;

it's well run for the most part

Hi guys, sorry currently in Greece with there dodgy wifi!!

Ref pricing Lambster unfortunately we can't price it any lower due to the significant cost of the Lease and rates, this is why we have to run as often as we are planning to ensure we keep the site for Airsoft..

Thanks for the feedback Ian, I am planning of resolving the fencing issues and stairwells on E wing prior to the next game along with covering more windows!! May be a little limited on the exterior obstacles due to time constraints, along with us yet to sign our lease.. We do however plan to invest a lot into the gaming area once we have possession of the site 100%..

Can I ask what is the Embassy medic system as I would like to implement it if it works? Or at least trial it on the 25th

Cheers

Justin

Hi mate.

It's unfortunate on the pricing.

The general gist I'm getting from people who attended is that it's good but needs work, which I'd expect for a new site. What's nice to see is that you're taking on people's feedback and implementing it.

The Medic system at The Embassy works roughly like this:

Get shot, you stand with your hand in the air and can only call for a medic. ie "Black Medic" or "Red Medic".

A player on your team can than place their hand on your shoulder and count to 10, then you're back in the game.

If no medic arrives in 3 minutes, you bleed out and have to go back to Respawn.

Grenades and knifes are respawn only. No medic.

Games vary on how many times you can have a medic per life or per game.

Players can't shoot while medicing someone. You can stop the count to shoot but have to start over.

If the injured player is hit at an angle that would travel through the player and hit the medic (Bullets travel through bodies) then the medicing player is also hit.

While injured, you can be pulled up to 1 body length to get some cover too.

I think that's about it. It works really well in CQB sites imo.

Unfortunately we tried that last week and it didn't work due to players using dead (shot) players as meat shields... We use that system for the outdoor areas however.. It's a similar medic rule to our woodland site..

There is still lots to implement to the site and we will be making alterations all the time.

Player feedback is what matters, as you guys play the site, so can see the issues we sometimes overlook. This also makes the site a better gaming experience which is what it's all about when all said and done!

The normal fee will be £35 non Members and £30 for Members, our membership will be £40 a year, and give a £5 discount at both our Woodland and this site, and we are planning to open every Sunday following the last couple of hoops to go through for the council??

We hope to open fully in June/July...

I would definitely like to try this with my team, but I think at £35 for a walk on its far too steep, especially for a new site that needs work, and £50 with hire. I think personally you are pricing it out of where many can afford to regularly attend.

Just meant it as constructive feedback :)

We did wish to price the site lower, however the costs involved to lease the site are quite significant, therefore we have had too charge what we do.

Offering a safe zone with flushing toilets, elec charging points, shop and heated in the winter, along with the site being unique in the aspect of a prison and it includes free lunch and tea and coffee all day, just some of the ways we want to ensure the price is competitive.

• Supporters

First and Only are dick heads though, don't compare yourselves lol.

I can personally vouch for the guys at Matlock Combat Games they are a belting bunch of guys.

If the woodland site is anything to go by the Gaol will be amazing, but as it's still a new site things will improve as they put a lot of thought into their days.

If anyone is near by to this place I strongly suggest you jump on board, it's just a shame I'm a bit too far away as I'd be all over it

Also we are the same price as the Embassy in Leicester...

Don't get me wrong. I'll pay that for a good site. The difference is if it's a high price I'll only attend once a month rather than multiple times. Plus I have to factor in fuel prices. Embassy is close to me, their new one is even closer.

I know the area around The Gaol as I'm actually getting married over there next year, so I can have a day out while the other half goes around sorting wedding garb. :P

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.