Bolle Rush+ Platinum Safety Glasses

SgtTalbert

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone got any first hand experience with these?

Really want to purchase some....however, due to the fogging issue of 99% of glasses out there, I still do not trust the promo video...

Found them on ebay £9.86 delivered for Wednesday but would rather save the £9 if they are indeed all hype.

Video Here:

• Supporters

They're pretty new so unlikely to be many reviews out there.

For less than a tenner why not give them a punt?

Just a quick update...

They have now released the full seal version - http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cobra_pc_clear_lens.html

So when the ones I have ordered arrive, if they fair well in my testing / gameplay on Sat, ill pick up some the full seal version as well!

OK so I would definitely recommend these glasses. Used them all day Saturday and they didn't fog up once. They were very clear to the point where sometimes I forgot I was even wearing them.

I will definitely be picking up a pair of the full seal Cobra versions for CQB.

This was the setup I was wearing for Woodland at MAW on Saturday (Apologies for quality of photos, I was using the front camera on my phone)

IMAG0514_zps9913f18a.jpg

IMAG0511_zpscf6b36fb.jpg

IMAG0512_zps63c0074c.jpg

• Supporters

I'm never going to wear any eyepro that isn't full seal ever again.

I find it amazing that people shy away from mesh because tiny fragments may get through (and for the sake of discussion forget the physics involved, because many people will not understand the simplest science, purely because it is science so they just switch off) but cheerfully wear lenses with gaps around the edges that whole BB's can fit through, nevermind the size of shattered fragment which could ricochet up off a gun or mask. Literally amazing :blink::huh::wacko::rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

@Ian Gere - totally agree with you 1000%. I cannot fathom why so many players wear loose-fitting eyewear with massive gaps around the edges through which a 6mm bb can fly ... madness. Eyes are too precious, surely, to skimp on the best your pocket can afford?

Link isn't working? I've searched on PAS but can't see them. Might order a pair myself.

Here you go - played with these also and just as good - no fogging at all (was at the GAOL so 90% indoor CQB)

Cheaper than PAS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231167986090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Supporters
  • Supporters

I bought a pair of the full seal ones. Haven't actually skirmished for yonks and i suspect that wearing them for sex might not go down too well, so i can't comment on their foglessness once the sweat really starts to flow, but the fit is reassuring all the way around on me. They probably wouldn't fit well with an unmodified 1/2 face mask, but i have 12mm thick cheekbone pads in both of mine so they work with just about any eyepro.

The only issue i can see (wait for it...) is that the black rubbery seal stuff goes across the bridge of the nose and it is prominent in my field of view. You can't cut it out either because the seal is a single piece so it would fall out without the whole loop of it. It might be possible to shave it down though...

I tried a set in PAS the other day when I picked up the Firesale RS SVD - I was also buying a set of Bolle X800 at the same time but wondered about a set for backup. The Rush when pushed up to the face do leave very little gap at the bottom, but I'm sure they'd slip as the sweat starts to flow. I do regret now, though, not getting a set of Platinum trackers as they do near fully seal.

• Supporters

OK so I finally skirmished mine. The results:

I was impressed with the anti-fog - i did sweat a fair bit, but not as much as i might have done since i was mainly sniping, not running around with an AK much. The lenses did not fog at all. However they did get full on running liquid condensed sweat in them, which did become intolerable for my role on the field.

In conclusion I'd say that, if you sweat like a demented ex-nazi wearing a dress when confronted with a choir of children, then they're only good for CQB or anywhere you don't have to spot hidden camouflaged targets. For sniping/counter-sniping they're no good.

Got a pair of these and considering I sweat like a peedo in mothercare I'm very surprised there was zero fog. They are not a full seal on my (fat) face so there was a nice gap for steam to get away from them so no droplets at all

My only gripe is that they are not that stylish. I know that's not the priority but still...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.