Bloody Lanyard!

Maff-7777

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Okay so my pistol doesn't have the little hole at the base of the handle to attach a lanyard to. I really don't want to get into drilling holes or fitting custom handles and stuff – but I need a lanyard as I've almost lost the thing twice now (although it's a great testament to the spirit of airsoft that it's been handed in on both occasions).

Once I saw a guy who had a pistol lanyard that attached via a thick rubber grip that you put over the pistols handle, almost like a very wide rubber band – its clearly designed for pistols with no lanyard hole.

He said he just found it online. Now I've searched and seacrhed but can't find anything like it. Does any know what I'm talking about, have seen one too, know what they are called, or better still have a link?

M.

Make one out of bicycle inner tube?

Sorry thats the normal type. The clips attaches to the base of your gun's grip. But my pistol has no hole to clip it onto.

The version I'm trying to track down has a rubber attachment at the end, not a clip. A bt like this...

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/rubber_pistol_rifle_grip.html

Could you not just wrap the opening bit of velcro'y stuff round your pistol grip and then the clip onto your belt? thats what I assumed was the intended use of it anyway

Could you not just wrap the opening bit of velcro'y stuff round your pistol grip and then the clip onto your belt? thats what I assumed was the intended use of it anyway

I suppose you could, but that would probably make it uncomfortable to hold.

My plan B is to buy a rubber grip and somehow fasten a ring to it, so I can clip the standard pistol lanyard to it. I'm just worried that cutting the rubber would lead to it tearing (like a nick in a rubber band).

m.

• Supporters

I have one with a 25mm side release buckle and velcro and it fits on my USP comfortably - just put the thicker bit on the inside, the left if you're right handed, so it sits under your little finger. Other than that, gaffer tape and paracord will probably make a stronger loop than anything you can bodge by cutting holes in rubber and you can get coiled paracord lanyards for £4 on amazon.

If you cut a piece of bicycle inner tube to fit the hand grip but leave a long tab at the bottom, you can fold the tab inside and use rubber glue forming a loop. The longer the tab the better as the tension on the inner tube will help hold it together.

• Supporters

If you cut a piece of bicycle inner tube to fit the hand grip but leave a long tab at the bottom, you can fold the tab inside and use rubber glue forming a loop. The longer the tab the better as the tension on the inner tube will help hold it together.

That's a proper good idea. You could use a welded D-ring as the fitting doing it that way too, so it'd be smooth and not damage the rubber through wear.

• Supporters

Does anyone know about the actual diameters of the various widths of inner tubes available? I just measured my USP grip and it goes from 141 to 148mm, so the maximum diameter if it's going to be tight all the way up would be approx 45mm, which sounds about right for a mountain bike wheel, but I dunno...?

Are you measuring diameter or circumference? BMX or Mountain bike would probably be best, they will start at about 3cm width when flat but should stretch a fair bit.

• Supporters

45mm would be the diameter, 141-148mm circumference.

BMX or mountainbike inner tube should work

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.