Kryptek counts as two tone???

DX115FALCON

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am genuinely so happy with the sensible and legal advice this young man has been given. Well done this forum.

explain please?

Seriously, the one time I'm not actually being sarcastic (and this time as well).

Threads like this normally turn into: "you can't paint your gun until you're 18 and have a UKARA licence" and other nonsense. Then I come on and start preaching and everyone gets pissed off at me. I'm just really impressed at the level of knowledge and common sense that has been offered on this sort of thread for once (though I've still come on and got people pissed of with me...).

wait, so this IS legal? I thought that you were being sarcastic!

Actually, does this magical "power spray" work on metals?

You could get some Nitro Mors and use it on the painted receiver of your MP5, it gives it a badass bare metal look as it strips right down through the original black... I had my MP5 that way for a while before repainting and it turned so many heads, you just have to make sure every fleck of paint is gone :)

You could get some Nitro Mors and use it on the painted receiver of your MP5, it gives it a badass bare metal look as it strips right down through the original black... I had my MP5 that way for a while before repainting and it turned so many heads, you just have to make sure every fleck of paint is gone :)

Any idea where to buy Nitro Mors?

• Supporters

A painting supplies shop, or a DIY store

Nitromors in the decorating isle.

Most foaming oven sprays will work to strip paint. test on a small patch first, some plastics can be effected by it.

Sodium Hydroxide also known as Lye is the active ingredient. it is a strong alkali keep it off skin

• Supporters

(though I've still come on and got people pissed of with me...).

It's a talent.

Have you had any trouble with the repaint? Did you use anything special as a base coat? Actually give us the full method and results if you don't mind. I ask because Nitro Mors wrecks car paint jobs, because it takes the 'whojimaflibbet' base coat stuff off as well as the paint.

Nitromors in the decorating isle.

Most foaming oven sprays will work to strip paint. test on a small patch first, some plastics can be effected by it.

Sodium Hydroxide also known as Lye is the active ingredient. it is a strong alkali keep it off skin

We had a discussion about this a while ago and iirc the active ingredients of FairyPS are not as alkali as NaOh. I expect it will say use rubber gloves on the bottle, but NaOh is a different kettle of chemical burns. One of these days I'm going to strip my SVD (she is a repainted 2 tone - before she came to me / not my fault / accept no responsibility) and I plan to see how well soaking the plastic hand guards in a strong sodium hydroxide solution works, because it ought to be cheaper, but also because I don't care if they melt - i'll just get a wood kit.

• Supporters

Power spray is really quick, take the parts you want to strip, put them in a big Tupperware box or plastic bag, spray them liberally with powerspray, seal it up and wait 30-40 minutes then scrub like a mofo with a stuff brush.

You'll probably want a pin or something to get the last bits out of the smallest gaps that the pin can't get.

Have you had any trouble with the repaint? Did you use anything special as a base coat? Actually give us the full method and results if you don't mind. I ask because Nitro Mors wrecks car paint jobs, because it takes the 'whojimaflibbet' base coat stuff off as well as the paint.

Just needed 2 coats of black and some matte varnish

• Supporters

Just needed 2 coats of black and some matte varnish

Krylon?

• Supporters

Krylon costs FAR too much...

Compared to what exactly?

Krylon?

No, a different brand I can't remember... it was good on metals but not great on plastics, left them shining when painted.

I have stripped paint from model kits with oven cleaner.

Only once did it cause a problem that was a very old figure kit of a French Cavelry officer. I didn't test first and the plastic went all soft.

never happened again on anything else though

really :huh: at £6.99 a can?

Where you getting that from? Only place local to me has it for £15 a can...

It's like £7 everywhere I know... Patrol base, fire support etc

It might just be because I'm looking at the local DIY store

Surprised a diy store has it tbh, airsoft world has it too.

Thanks. Guess where I'm going tomorrow :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.