Kryptek counts as two tone???

DX115FALCON

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Krylon can be picked up in the Range for £7. They usually have a pretty good stock of all colours and clear coats, including camos.

Also Homebase are selling fairy power spray for £2.50 a bottle at the moment.

I don't really want to be "that" guy, but .... If you don't know where to even buy this stuff are you sure you want to be messing with it on your gun? I mean do you know how to strip your gun down and reassemble as not to fill the trigger full of paint? And do you know about what and where to re lube once it's all been done? Do you know how to paint? It's not as simple as brush painting to get a satisfying finish.

There is a lot that can go wrong if you don't do the job properly and I don't want to see you fluff up your gun because you ran in blind and naive. Get on you tubes and figure out a plan before you even buy anything.

Oh and on the nitromors point. Avoid! It's intended for stripping paint of much larger industrial things. I wouldn't want it on any pot metal airsoft parts when fairy will do the job.

It's nasty stuff and can do a lot of inadvertent damage, and can cause an issue for painting afterwards. You have to ensure it's completely removed from all nooks and crannies before painting. It also strips right back to metal meaning you have to start from starch preparing, sanding, priming and sanding before you can even look at a paint tin.

Personally nitro morse is reserved only for high quality metals that are to be mirror polished or powder coated.

Stick to fairy spray, it's good enough.

• Supporters

^^Yeah, that's what I thought about NitroMors too - you have to prime metal to get paint to stick to it after the strip.

Re: repainting - less is more :lol: you're better off holding the spray can further away and letting very thin layers settle onto whatever you paint, then shifting the object to get to all the surfaces, rather than spraying it into every angle from close up, otherwise you'll get drips.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.