Kryptek counts as two tone???

DX115FALCON

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was having a chat with some of the guys at my local airsoft site (The Fort) last weekend, and they questioned why I still use a bright green MP5K.

I told them that I'm not 18 until December, so can't legally paint my gun until then. At this point, one of the marshals- who also works at Airsoft World- came over and told me that apparently camouflages such as Kryptek *I've pictured it below, in case you don't know what I'm on about* count as two tone on guns, because these new camouflages are (at least currently) not used to camouflage real steel weapons.

Are there any truth in these words?

science-and-shadows.jpg

• Supporters

Yeah, complete and utter tosh, anything less than 51% solid bright colour as laid down in the VCRA is a RIF, patterns are a no-no and subdued colours don't meet the requirements.

That said, there's no law against you painting your gun as I assume you can prove you're a legit airsofter. The 18 year old rule applies only to SALE of RIFs, not manufacture.

Absolute bollocks I'm afraid and worrying that someone working for a retailer would suggest it... Then again it's airsoft world so can't say I'm surprised.

Why would it not surprise you that AW would suggest it?

• Supporters

b4f2dfda761bbf6a5f47f3691649f8b052b45f29

They have a habit of providing 'questionable' info

• Supporters

You know what counts as proof that you can legally manufacture an RIF? Anything. The Association of Chief Police Officers have called the law unenforcible and nobody but the kind of bellend who can't keep his nose out of everyone else's business cares anyway, so go ahead and either take the bright paint off (with Fairy Powerspray - look it up on yt) or paint it Kryptec for the giggles.

go ahead and either take the bright paint off (with Fairy Powerspray - look it up on yt) or paint it Kryptec for the giggles.

I'm not sure if a Kryptek MP5K would look very good though :/

• Supporters

Better than bright green, my man.

Just wondering and maybe this is a stupid question but is Fairy Powerspray an item I can find in the local convenience store?

yeah. Its pretty common in Tesco

• Supporters

Yeah, it's for cleaning ovens. You spray it on painted plastic and wrap it up in plastic bags. Leave overnight and then scrub. IIRC anyway. Maybe u need to leave it longer, i forget. But it's gentle on the plastic, unlike stuff like Nitromors which could probably make a nice puddle out of a plastic AEG.

The law states that 2 tone is bright orange, bright green or various specific other colours.

However the law doesn't state that under 18's cannot manufacture a RIF if they have a defence. As long as you have been skirmishing for a reasonable period of time and can prove it if need be, I would suggest that you may want to paint your gun.

The law states that 2 tone is bright orange, bright green or various specific other colours.

However the law doesn't state that under 18's cannot manufacture a RIF if they have a defence. As long as you have been skirmishing for a reasonable period of time and can prove it if need be, I would suggest that you may want to paint your gun.

36Manufacture, import and sale of realistic imitation firearms

(1)A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a)he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

(b )

he modifies an imitation firearm so that it becomes a realistic imitation firearm;

With regards to the evidence, is photographic evidence enough?

• Supporters

Of course it is. Nobody is going to ask anyway.

Actually, does this magical "power spray" work on metals?

If it's an oven cleaner, think about what ovens are made of :D

Actually, does this magical "power spray" work on metals?

Yeh its fine but not too good on a Fairy .......the court case is still on-going

Yeh its fine but not too good on a Fairy .......the court case is still on-going

:/

I went to like 5 shops to try and find this stuff. Not even Tesco had it and then I saw a Morrison's and was like "May this store grant me it's treasure..." And I was looking all over the Kitchenware aisle I saw Cif Actifizz and Cif Easy Lift and and Flash and all that crap and I couldn't find it. Then I realized "dishwashing aisle!" I look around and when scanning I see a green bottle flash in the corner of my eye... 'tis the Fairy power spray hiding beneath the other products. I've never been so happy about finding a cleaning product.

I went to like 5 shops to try and find this stuff. Not even Tesco had it and then I saw a Morrison's and was like "May this store grant me it's treasure..." And I was looking all over the Kitchenware aisle I saw Cif Actifizz and Cif Easy Lift and and Flash and all that crap and I couldn't find it. Then I realized "dishwashing aisle!" I look around and when scanning I see a green bottle flash in the corner of my eye... 'tis the Fairy power spray hiding beneath the other products. I've never been so happy about finding a cleaning product.

Would you be able to film the process and share it on YouTube? I'd be quite interested in seeing how this is done.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.