Do these goggles look safe?

Alcon H

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to airsoft and want to buy some protective eyewear for use whilst airsofting. Could anyone look at the item below and see what you think of it?

I'll shoot them point blank when I first get them to check they can withstand the force before I use them....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Army-Airsoft-Tactical-Goggle-No-Fog-Lens-Protect-Glasses-Metal-Mesh-Mask-/370976641784?pt=UK_Protective_Equipment&hash=item565fee52f8

Thanks!

Meh, I don't know. Mesh goggles are pretty notorious because BBs can shatter and you'll end up having fragments in your eye. Isn't usually as bad as it sounds, if you can wash your eye out. Still though, not something you want to happen.

I wouldn't go cheap on eye protection in airsoft.

Personally I would recommend you get some proper good quality glasses or goggles that are mil-spec rated. I have a pair of ex-British Army ESS ICE glasses myself. That way you don't have to worry about your eyes at all!

Try tactical kit, I believe they stock good eye pro.

Meh, I don't know. Mesh goggles are pretty notorious because BBs can shatter and you'll end up having fragments in your eye. Isn't usually as bad as it sounds, if you can wash your eye out. Still though, not something you want to happen.

I wouldn't go cheap on eye protection in airsoft.

Personally I would recommend you get some proper good quality glasses or goggles that are mil-spec rated. I have a pair of ex-British Army ESS ICE glasses myself. That way you don't have to worry about your eyes at all!

Try tactical kit, I believe they stock good eye pro.

Do these look any better? I can't really afford much right now, and I'll only be using them for my pistol in the back garden till I've saved up for something a little better.

If I go to a game, I'll borrow some of the onesite goggles.

http://www.kombatkit.co.uk/product/K01-40085/BB+Airsoft+CQB+Tactical+Sports+Wrap+Around+Safety+Goggles+In+Black

I bought my goggles from http://www.taiwangun.com/en/protective-glasses-masks I went for Desert Locusts. My thinking was that I was buying stuff there anyway and if you spend enough shipping is free. Good goggles don't always cost a fortune but make sure you buy them from a reputable airsoft retailer or look for a British standard or similar indicating a good impact rating.

If your just using them in the garden then some safety glasses from b&q?

• Supporters

I bought my goggles from http://www.taiwangun.com/en/protective-glasses-masks I went for Desert Locusts. My thinking was that I was buying stuff there anyway and if you spend enough shipping is free. Good goggles don't always cost a fortune but make sure you buy them from a reputable airsoft retailer or look for a British standard or similar indicating a good impact rating.

Hmmm....chinese mesh knockoffs of Revision goggles. Not sure about that.

Proper safety rated Bolle specs cost less, are available in the UK and will be fine for garden use (assuming your rhododendrons don't shoot back). http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bolle%20safety%20glasses&sprefix=bolle%2Caps%2C206&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abolle%20safety%20glasses (I have a pair of Trackers and they're nice).

I personally use these, which are exactly the same goggles that LWA sell (link to them if you're interested). They have withstood damage for almost a year now, which I am quite amazed by given the price that I payed.

That said, as you are new to airsoft, I would invest in a full face mask. Mesh eyewear is also preferable, at least for me, because it removes the need for any antifogging equipment for your glasses.

A few pieces of eyewear that I would recommend are linked below:

If you want a pair of goggles

If you want a good over head mask (My recommendation for new players)

If you want to wear glasses (or the goggles you originally suggested), buy one of these too.

They stop you getting shot in the mouth.

Neoprene face masks, such as the one that I wear (see picture in my signature), also comfort face shots.

Hmmm....chinese mesh knockoffs of Revision goggles. Not sure about that.

Proper safety rated Bolle specs cost less, are available in the UK and will be fine for garden use (assuming your rhododendrons don't shoot back). http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bolle%20safety%20glasses&sprefix=bolle%2Caps%2C206&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abolle%20safety%20glasses (I have a pair of Trackers and they're nice).

Probably are cheap knock offs, but they are sold by a reputable retailer in Poland which sells all over Europe where the fps limits are higher than in the UK.

• 4 weeks later...

Rather than starting a new thread;

I bought a set of these the other day:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/acm-pro-goggle.html

A clone of the marui version. I'll be testing them out at a skrim on Sunday. It's more for the fan than anything. I will be wearing a pair of shooting glasses underneath too as I don't know how good the lenses are ( they appear to be solid but I aint risking that shizzle).

I sat with them on after work in a very warm room for ages and let them fog up, then turned on the fan. Cleared in 20 seconds or so.

• Supporters

Exactly. people are prepared to spend hundreds on a gun, hundreds of exotic clothing snd 'load outs' then quibble over a few quid for eye protection.

I think anything that could protect you or your gun(namely holsters and slings) is worth spending a bit of money on. Stuff like ESS Advancer V12s are available for around £20 with the 3 lens set and Heroshark eyepro was even less than that last time I checked.

• Supporters

Rather than starting a new thread;

I bought a set of these the other day:

http://www.airsoftworld.net/acm-pro-goggle.html

A clone of the marui version. I'll be testing them out at a skrim on Sunday. It's more for the fan than anything. I will be wearing a pair of shooting glasses underneath too as I don't know how good the lenses are ( they appear to be solid but I aint risking that shizzle).

I sat with them on after work in a very warm room for ages and let them fog up, then turned on the fan. Cleared in 20 seconds or so.

Clone Chinese eye pro? You mad?!

Also, just read the blurb... 150 minutes from 2x AA batteries, that's gonna get expensive!

Clone Chinese eye pro? You mad?!

Also, just read the blurb... 150 minutes from 2x AA batteries, that's gonna get expensive!

Like I said, wearing shooting glasses underneath!

And I got loads of rechargeables!

I use either bolle tracker or some smiths optiics, low profile, very expensive straight from manafacture or shops, but u can pick em up cheap on ebay n amazon, superb quality, no fogging, low profile and qualit materials.

However i reccoment just building a collection, so you have that choice.

As for cheap mesh, or anh brandless taccy goggles, stay away from them, not worth the risk.

Last i checked we play airsoft not fastball. Just eww.

I see you have a point, however I want full face protection without having to wear goggles and mesh separate.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.