Desperate times call for desperate measures: Gun sight on a non-railed handguard....

AK47frizzle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

SooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooooOOooooOOooOOOooOOOoOOooOooOOoO.......

You're wondering why there are many "o"s in the first word. I can tell you that they are necessary.

If you've ever used an AK iron sight, you'll notice that they are quite obstructive.... very obstructive, even in games.

They don't let you see what's at the side, they don't let you see what's below, they only let you see what's in the tiny little gap between the leaf, and that's not very practical if anything.

So in airsoft, if you decided to be a russian spetsnaz with a classic AK, you won't be able to see what you are hitting if the BB travels downwards or if the BB is swept away by the wind.

And since the sights are so close together, one little movement will change the BBs trajectory by a million, bajillion miles.

So to solve this annoying problem, basically put a red dot sight on it. Those curved lenses will keep a target on sight no matter what position your eye is in.

But my problem is, I don't have a railed surface on my AK dust cover or handguard..... I have no way of mounting one securely onto the round, smooth, shmexy surface......................... or do I?

DSC01228_zps88ac2252.jpg

So basically, bluetack and rubber bands.

Bluetack helps to initially set the potion of the red dot sight and the rubber bands secure it fully in place, there is some wobble but not enough to move the red dot drastically away from my target, so i can live with it.

Now, this solved all my problems after I zeroed it in but this created a new problem.....

Since the red dot sight was mounted so high, the gun barrel was A LOT lower than the collimator, so when I was firing out the window....

DSC01226_zps45912246.jpg

Yes... I have pink BBs.....

Why not get the rail mount? There are lots of different ones from the standard side mounted rail to ones that replace the rear sight.

AKmountC39.jpg

cyma-c08-rail-ak-tactique-cm039c.jpgAK-47_scope_mount-E-500x332.jpg

• Supporters

I can't get no...

and while we're on the tunage, if i had a hammer...

why haven't you got a hammer, Friz?

And this is why I got the CM 039U. Lots of rail space :D

• Supporters

I live in hope that we'll get to see it on a fire at some point.

WHY YOU WANT SHITTY CHINA MADE OPTIC ON FINE RUSSIAN DESIGN RIFLE. SIGHT OF IRON PERFECTLY FINE. YOU ADD MORE AND MORE STUPID SHIT AND STILL CANNOT HIT LARGEST SIDE OF BARN. MAYBE ATTACH SEX DILDO AND FUCK SELF IN ASS FOR MAKING TRAVESTY OF FINE WEAPON?

eerrrr, it's complicated.... long story short, i can't get one....

Is that because Double Eagle don't produce AKs with mounting points for rails, or for some crazy other reason?

WHY YOU WANT sh*tty CHINA MADE OPTIC ON FINE RUSSIAN DESIGN RIFLE. SIGHT OF IRON PERFECTLY FINE. YOU ADD MORE AND MORE STUPID sh*t AND STILL CANNOT HIT LARGEST SIDE OF BARN. MAYBE ATTACH SEX DILDO AND f*ck SELF IN ASS FOR MAKING TRAVESTY OF FINE WEAPON?

UTJ You make me proud be Irish, top f*cking man. :lol:

• Supporters

SooOOooOOooOOooOOooOOooooOOooooOOooOOOooOOOoOOooOooOOoO.......

You're wondering why there are many "o"s in the first word. I can tell you that they are necessary.

If you've ever used an AK iron sight, you'll notice that they are quite obstructive.... very obstructive, even in games.

They don't let you see what's at the side, they don't let you see what's below, they only let you see what's in the tiny little gap between the leaf, and that's not very practical if anything.

So in airsoft, if you decided to be a russian spetsnaz with a classic AK, you won't be able to see what you are hitting if the BB travels downwards or if the BB is swept away by the wind.

And since the sights are so close together, one little movement will change the BBs trajectory by a million, bajillion miles.

So to solve this annoying problem, basically put a red dot sight on it. Those curved lenses will keep a target on sight no matter what position your eye is in.

But my problem is, I don't have a railed surface on my AK dust cover or handguard..... I have no way of mounting one securely onto the round, smooth, shmexy surface......................... or do I?

DSC01228_zps88ac2252.jpg

So basically, bluetack and rubber bands.

Bluetack helps to initially set the potion of the red dot sight and the rubber bands secure it fully in place, there is some wobble but not enough to move the red dot drastically away from my target, so i can live with it.

Now, this solved all my problems after I zeroed it in but this created a new problem.....

Since the red dot sight was mounted so high, the gun barrel was A LOT lower than the collimator, so when I was firing out the window....

DSC01226_zps45912246.jpg

Yes... I have pink BBs.....

2gucci4me

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.