First skirmish

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Love it. Was expecting to read more than a one liner..... what's made you hooked from playing at Bunker 51 and what is the place like for those of us that have either not heard of the place or ever played there.

It's Cqb skirmish is quite claustrophobic but it's really good fun it's one of the only places in London you can play airsoft is quite dark so torches would be an advantage but definitely got me hooked

• 3 weeks later...

I played there a couple of weeks ago as well. I personally wasn't that impressed with the site. The floor is absolutely covered in brown paintball paint and glycol mixed with split BB's. You don't notice when you take a knee (your camo is waterproof enough) but once you walk out into the safe zone it looks really horrible. I took a prone position at one point knowing full and well what would happen and man it was really nasty. Place smells of the paint rotting away.

The site itself is also quite small for CQB. Its basically a T shape area where they start one group at the top of the T and the other at the bottom. Naturally what happens is that the corners of the top of the T end up being a fight around the corners and while there is plenty of cover at that top of the T there isn't enough to push up. With zero flanking options and a single fatal funnel it ends up being a really stifled and limited game. Its low on effort which is great for the unfit (like me) but its not really a good fight. Its really quite dark so its kind of hard to fight in there without a strong tactical light and most of the combat is <20m.

My AEG was over the FPS limit so I ended up renting a gun from them, which was really bad. All the renters get an AK47 or AK74 and they were in pretty bad shape. The first one I had wouldn't feed at all and was held together with multiple pieces of black gaffer tape. The second gun I had gaffer tape on the stock holding the battery in, the pieces of the gun were kind of rattling and moving about and while it fired it didn't do so consistently. It did at least let me play the game but I am making sure I don't ever have to rent from them again, they are 3x the price of most places for rental and the kit is worse than usual.

Its also worth mentioning I ended up with some serious welts through my camo clothing, in the back. Some people there have clearly got quick change guns and are ramping up the power after they have passed chrono, worse than that they are shooting people with their hands up as they walk away after calling hit. The marshals need to find those dangerous a*** h**** and ban them for life because I don't need to be finding I am bleeding after getting shot 12 times while walking away from getting hit with hot guns.

The preparation area really isn't big enough. Quite a few people get there up to an hour early so they can kit up and get their stuff out of the way because there were like 10 chairs and 50 odd people at the game.

I don't rate the site at all, despite it being the closest one I intend to branch out to others as its kind of bad as a site and the wolfarmouries that run it aren't bringing reasonable rental kit for the price for the purpose of working towards UKARA, they are really trying to force you to buy a gun from them and have them bring it to the site each time until they clear you for UKARA. Unlike some of the London clubs they don't charge you £20+ for membership to get your UKARA form stamped, but at the same time the site just isn't all that great. I met some really nice people who I had a lot of fun with, but they have some problem characters as well who don't call their hits and using hot guns. I could never find a marshal near the action to actually do anything about it. Not a good site IMO.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.