G&G Firehawk

Kerr1992

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum and I'm looking to get some into on the G&G Firehawk.

I've been taking a look at this gun today, I'm in the market for my first gun and I love the look of the wee stubby m4's

I've been told there is not much difference in accuracy or range between stubby m4's or regular length despite the shorter barrel.

Anyway, according to the land warrior website, the Firehawk has an FPS of 328. I'd be looking to boost this to 350 and get as far a range and accuracy as possible without breaching 350fps.

Can anyone tell me how this can be done?

And also anyone who has used one one these Firehawks able to give me a review?

Cheers

Craig

• Supporters

Good choice of first gun.

If you want to increase the FPS, you can either:

Change the spring

Add a tight bore barrel (will increase the fps a little bit)

Bearing spring guide and piston head will increase the fps by 5 or less

I think that sums it up.

I ordered one on Monday, waiting for the damn thing to be shipped. I'll be reviewing it as soon as it does arrive however, as there are reports of this supposedly being one of the new G&G high cycles (please god, be true :ph34r: )

Oh and FPS isn't everything, the G&G hop unit is good enough that the difference in range between 328 and 350fps is pointlessly minimal.

What's this high cycle thing?

And yeah I'm not too fussed about a high FPS. Just want the most range and accuracy within 350 :-)

No point in going over 350 as I don't see the point in inflicting anymore pain than necessary and also we won't get on most sites in the first place :-P haha

This guns really interesting me now. Emailed the local shop to see if they can get it in :-D

Well after ringing them to find out where the hell it is, been informed it will be shipped today, so arriving tomorrow. Will try to get a short video up on it promptly afterwards.

That would be idea mate. I just hope it has similar range to other AEGs so that it wouldn't be constantly outranged. I'm quite fortunate the site I play at is quite close quarters most of the time both inside and outside :-)

• Supporters

If it is one of the high cycles, then fiddling with the gearbox would not be advised unless you really know what you're doing. It likely already has a very high power spring fitted (probably an M130 or upwards, which are rated for more than 350fps in standard set ups) because 40rps will be achieved by fitting a dual sector gear, short stroking the piston, and adding a more powerful spring to first and foremost, forward the piston fast enough for the dual sector gear not to catch it early and strip it, but also to give you a more standardised fps, hence the 330 mark.

It's a very fine balance set up when dual sector gears are part of the equation, changing the spring could literally be the difference between a perfectly functional gun, and a bag of stripped gears.

If you want to alter the fps then do it via barrel bore changes instead. A standard tight bore ought to give you a nice boost in the 350 direction.

If you're looking for mags, and aren't too bothered about whether they're metal or not, Airsoft Supply Drop sells MAG mid caps for £6.98 / £7.98 each (or a box of 8 for £55)

Not the cheapest but certainly not the most expensive either - good quality and affordable. I think they do have metal ones too.

Airsoft ed - I wouldn't be doing any changes myself. I would just had it to the techs. As I said. I'm not too fussed about a high FPS as long as I'm getting the same range as most other AEGs.

Airsoft_mr b - that seems like a very good price. I'm not to fussed about them being metal as long as they are a snug fit. I hate loose mags.

That's great :-)

I can't wait to see the review of this rifle. It's not very expensive at land warrior either but I don't know what that includes. Hopefully that will be including battery, charger and a mag but I'm doubting it haha

• Supporters

It'll come with a mag, but not a battery and charger unless it explicitly states it will (I cant be bothered to click the link but I'd be very surprised if they were included)

More marketing BS from G&G. It needs a stock tube LiPo, not exactly difficult to get hold of, a smart charger such as a Imax B6 or a Turnigy Accucell 6 is needed however. The cheap power brick ones are no good.

No G&G gun as far as I am aware comes with a battery or charger. And I've had a lot of them in the past 5 years.

Those midcap mags are what i've bought to go along with it, so I shall be able to give a fair assessment of those as well.

I've done the video now, just need to upload it, i'll just upload the raw footage for now, just to give an idea of it. There are a few things that need removing from it for the long run :P

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.