Stick with GBB or move to AEP?

Mr Monkey Nuts
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm wanting to upgrade my mag and ammo capacity for CQB pistol battles. My choices so far are:

1) Buy two TM hi cap mags circa 50 rounds each, to use with my HFC GBB, with the plan to upgrade to a TM Glock 17/18c once I have my UKARA defence.

2) Pick up an asg/cyma glock AEP with two hi cap mags for similar money as just two TM mags.

I can't pick between the two, what would you guys recommend?

Mr Monkey x

personal choice. the GBB with give you power and realism, whereas the AEP will be will you a lower FPS but the ability to give higher ROF and larger magazines and no gas problems but you have the problem of battery swaps after a few mags.

so Gas- higher FPS, smaller mags,gas problems, generally more expensive, more realistic.

AEP- lower FPS, bigger mags, less technical issues (in my opinion), cheap to run, less realistic.

others with opinions feel free to weigh in.

Even though I love my AEPs, if your other option is a Marui Glock then it's no contest really. I don't have one personally, but I've had three Cyma/ASG Glocks and two of those have broken after only a few skirmishes and needed repairing. That said my other one has lasted almost a year with no problems.

Ive had my Cyma Glock 18C for 6 months with no issues.

Its so much easier than a Gas pistol, just charge the battery and away you go! :)

While it doesnt have the range of a Gas pistol, typically I only use it for short range.

Archived