Baker Rifle Build

SuicidalBarrelRoll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

Going with the theme of my last thread (please view I would really appreciate some help) on the Nock Gun, I would love to have a crack at making a Baker Rifle,a period equivalent of a sniper rifle. As such, I would like a hand on installing a gas tank in the stock (custom built as would be the barrel). The build would ideally be muzzle loading, but I understand that this would severely reduce accuracy; I am open to all suggestions.

I am competent at woodworking,have had a respectable amount of time in a workshop and have access to all necessary tools and the only real issue is actually making a schematic.

I need help in installing the gas tank into the stock.

Ok, should help, what's the plan for the firing system if incorporating a muzzle loading method as I can't picture it.

Also to fit the gas cylinder it may be helpful to show us the stock, complete with dimensions and the cylinder also with dimensions, as without this it's pointless anyone giving any ideas forward, also you will need to give us an idea of what components are situated where for clearance and design purposes to allow everything to be built correctly.

So the stock would have basically identical dimensions to the TM M870,as to accommodate the gas tank. The trigger pull could release this on semi-auto, and a 8-10mm could be loaded into the barrel (heavy gauge pipe). The only thing that I have little idea about how to construct is the trigger assembly as to release the gas.

May be worth contacting Warren from Shoot and scoot. He does a brown bess and a flintsoft pistol. I would guess the easy way to do things would be to use the small Co2 capsules as this would remove the need to build a sealed gas reservoir. Just plug a capsule into the gun behind the brass plate on the butt connected via some tubing to a valve activated by the hammer.

http://www.shootandscoot.co.uk/shop/brownbess-musket/

Aha, he cheats and it's a pump action shotgun internally with the pump action attached to the cleaning rod, the hammer is just for show.

• 3 months later...

are you still going ahead with this build?

If so I maybe able to help as I have a deact Baker rifle I can take photos or measurements for you.

are you still going ahead with this build?

If so I maybe able to help as I have a deact Baker rifle I can take photos or measurements for you.

No sadly. However, I really am keen on my Nock Gun build, check that thread out.

• 4 years later...
  • Supporters

Last post is four yrs old mate , so by the look of the ‘lack’ of further updates I think it’s safe to say it was just a flight of fancy by the op , nothing more .👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.