Hello from the Netherlands

Derlux
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Heya all!

I'm a 19 year old student from the Netherlands, and next year I'm going to study in London for half a year.

What does this mean; Well I get thrown in the middle of nowhere,and I can't airsoft in the Netherlands anymore!

Well to solve those 2 problems I would like to continue airsofting in the UK :) Good way to continue on my sport and to meet some people! I have registered to this forum to find out a bit about the legal issues related to airsoft in the UK and it can't hurt to join another community :) I have questions like, am I allowed to bring my own gun? Should I buy a second handed one when I get in the UK and sell it when I go again and these kind of questions. What should I do to be able to get one. Here we need to have a Certificate of Conduct, is that worth anything in the UK?

If you have some anwsers for me, or any questions (airsoft related and not airsoft related), feel free to ask!

I don't think a Dutch certificate will really mean anything over here.

I know that people have brought their guns over before, you need to pack it separately and declare it, also worth checking with the airline or something but I know that it should be allowed.

If you wanted to buy a gun whilst you are here it would have to be two-tone, I'm sure you know we are allowed RIFs (realistic imitation firearms) over here but simply put you have to go to three games within a year and not in under 2 months.

I guess if you are only living over here temporarily you couldn't get the UKARA defence (which you need for black / realistic guns)

I don't know about places you can play in London but a good store is Pro Airsoft Supplies which is excellent.

I hope this helped! Welcome to the forum and enjoy your time in England when you come over :)

Hello Mr B, thanks for the info ;)

I'll try to look into bringing my own gun over, but I don't think this will be possible for such a long time so will probably be a temporary two tone (does have something sexy to it :P ). I think I'll just buy that one second handed on this forum and sell it when I go back :) Then and no other needs to start playing after that? I'll try to find some playgrounds near london :)

Thanks for the info and looking forward to playing here :)

Archived