The best M4A1 to get?

kenshin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I came across this link below. Which are voted by a lot of users in another forum of which brand is best.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Airsoft-s-M4-AEG-t168662.html

From reading the results.

1. G&P makes the Best External
  2. KWA makes the Best Internal
  3. G&G makes the Best Bang For your Buck
  4. KWA makes the Best Overall

So the best M4A1 to get is to have the external of G&P with the internal of KWA.

I still don't know much about Airsoft. But is it possible if I buy a KWA, then gradually change the stock to something else. Then KWA will be the best gun to get?

Also I understand so far that you can modified a lot of the components of each gun. Are all the M4A1 parts compatible? Are different stocks compatible? I know Blackhawk! makes really like stocks. Can I buy a KWA and change the stock to the Blackhawk stock? Or even put the G&P stock on the KWA?

Thanks again for your patience.

What's your budget? I don't think you necessarily need to create a frankengun with different parts to have a decent gun, think you'll find if you stick to the recommended brands you'll get a decent AEG. To be fair, a fantastic gun wont make up for poor tactics anyway, so just buy something that shoots straight and has decent reliability, then concentrate on your game-play.

What's your budget? I don't think you necessarily need to create a frankengun with different parts to have a decent gun, think you'll find if you stick to the recommended brands you'll get a decent AEG. To be fair, a fantastic gun wont make up for poor tactics anyway, so just buy something that shoots straight and has decent reliability, then concentrate on your game-play.

Actually my background, is that I got a decent job. And I can afford it. :) That made me sound like a snob, but I am 40 years old, no kids, and a supporting wife who also want to get into airsoft.

I just discovered this http://www.kwausa.com/ptr/kwa-lm4-pts-magpul-edition

I didn't know KWA is a USA company, and I just discovered Magpul a few minutes ago. If that survey is correct, the the KWA LM4 PTS Magpul Edition, should be the best M4A1? Or Systema is still better?

I am looking for a gun which I can use and also as a collector item. So I want it to be the best I can get.

I am also a collector of Samurai Swords, I only get the best that I can get, too.

Please don't think I am a rich bastard. I am not, I have been working really hard and now I am in a very good decent job. So I can afford to get the best.

It is also my personality, I don't like to get something to start with, which might be good enough, then sell it and upgrade. I am lazy, and want to get one which is already the best I can find, and save up for it.

• Supporters

I'd personally go with one of the TM recoil shock M4s. They shoot well out of the box and you shouldn't need to faff about replacing internals. They are expensive but judging by my HK416 recoil shock they are worth the money.

A couple of guys on here have them so they may be able to give you more information on the pros and cons.

• Supporters

I'd personally go with one of the TM recoil shock M4s. They shoot well out of the box and you shouldn't need to faff about replacing internals. They are expensive but judging by my HK416 recoil shock they are worth the money.

A couple of guys on here have them so they may be able to give you more information on the pros and cons.

This.

If you have the money it's the way forward!

The KWA LM4 and TM Recoil Shock M4s are pretty similar, the KWA is around £200 or more cheaper but if money isn't a problem then the TM is probably the one to go for.

Systema aren't really very good, they are very over-priced from what I've heard, although admittedly I've never owned one (couldn't afford it anyway) They are hit and miss and definitely not worth £1000 or however much they are.

• Supporters

If money is no object then a Systema PTW 2013 MAX3 with mods done by tackleberry is the best airsoft gun money can buy... but it'll set you back well over £1400 before you buy magazines, which themselves are £30-40 each and high caps do not exist. All those who say they're 'not very good' have clearly never fired one, because they ARE that good, so much better than anything else I've ever had a play with. £1400 good? not a chance, but like I say... if money is no object get a Systema.

For those without bottomless pockets though, the next best thing (and in some ways better) is a Tokyo Marui recoil shock gun, they've got a pretty diverse range of these from M4's to SCARs to AKs, even a couple of G36 variants. Out of the box they've got outstanding range, bomb proof reliability and excellent externals (not a patch on a Systema mind... but they're built to real firearm specifications!). The recoil on them is more a recoil-effect than actual recoil, the weight actually moves away from you! That said, it's a much more tactile experience than a standard AEG (or a Systema, they've got no recoil engine). Don't be fooled by the comparatively low FPS on the TM recoil guns, the hop ups in them are extremely high quality and even at 300FPS (ish) there won't be many guns that'll match them for consistency, range and accuracy.

The TM isn't without it's problems though, all the M4 variants (except the SOCOM) are rear wired and have a rubbish proprietary battery system. Thankfully anyone who's halfway handy with a soldering iron can remove the quick-change battery system and just re-wire the gun to take normal LiPo batteries in the stock.

I've never had a go on a KWA ERG so I can't comment on their quality, though I've heard that the recoil effect is stronger and that they often shoot above UK site limits. Others may be able to confirm or refute this.

I chose to invest in the TM system, I've been so overwhelmingly impressed by it that I've owned 3 TM recoil shock guns and wouldn't ever go back to a normal AEG now.

Oh, and the KWA LM4 you linked above is a gas blowback rifle, lots of fun to shoot but a bit of a minefield for a beginner, definitely not one to buy as your first gun!

KWA 'best overall & best internals' hmmm..

I have to heavily disagree with that. ACM guns like JG and CYMA are far superior internal wise to KWA.

The easiest target is their '11.1v lipo ready' horseshit. Shimming is standard fare at best,the ROF and stress of an 11.1v lipo will increase wear on the gearset if badly shimmed. KWA's gears are not very strong,I see them rated as 'eh' not terrible like TM gears but not really strong like JG gears.

What's most important is that KWA do not correct the angel of engagement(i cu u there dave) which means under prolonged usage from an 11.1 the piston is going to strip. Another dumb decision made by KWA,and it's a big one- is having an aluminium,no ported pistonhead and no sorbothane buffer which means wrecked parts galore under heavy stress. Other things you'd want to use an 11.1v long term and reliably like mosfets and nice thick wiring are not present either. JG have mosfet equipped models and are far more lipo ready than KWA will ever be.

KWA internals are not necessarily bad,but they are far from the best.

For M4 internals Lonex and JG have my vote. Lonex comes with the Angel of engagement corrected on the piston which is a big plus. JG are just stupidly strong internally. C

Best overall I'd say Lonex. JG are grand internally but their externals are pretty low quality. I'm not going to add CYMA since my experience with their M4 was nothing but bad,but some people might say otherwise.. Lonex have very reliable internals and externals on par with VFC and G&P quality and durability wise.

Lonex PR shill payments are not bad I must say*

*This is a joke

Have a look at some of the king arms guns, the internals are very robust and well put together, the externals are very impressive too, with a reasonable price tag.

If you want something cool rather than something cheap, consider something other than an M4. When you go to a skirmish, 80% of the people there will have an M4. M4's are available in the lower price brackets because they sell in such numbers. Consider an H&K 416, a SCAR etc. Maybe even something with lots of wood and steel like a nice M14 or an AK. There are lots of really cool and different guns to choose from once you get away from the beginners guns. If you're playing as a team with the missus you could start thinking of a DMR or support weapon so you can switch roles between the two of you for some variation.

The best site for looking at guns for ideas is without a doubt http://gunfire.pl/ they have pretty much got every conceivable type of gun with some very good pictures of them. It really depends why you're playing airsoft really, if you want a gun that shoots further and more accurately than most others then a systema M4 may be what you want. If you like to dress up and want something different that you can go and play in the woods with but is equally good on your wall with your samurai swords...

eng_ps_SR-41-submachine-gun-replica-1152eng_ps_ZB26-machinegun-replica-115220177eng_ps_M1918-machinegun-replica-Real-Wooeng_ps_VSS-Vintorez-sniper-rifle-replicaeng_ps_FN-SCAR-CQC-assault-rifle-replicaeng_il_PP-19-Bizon-2-sub-machinegun-repl

eng_ps_FC1938-Submachine-Gun-replica-115<---would go really well with a samurai sword collection!

Yes that last one is a japanese WW2 sub machine gun.

My two Classic Army M4s seem to be good and strong. All steel gears, metal bushes and well shimmed.

They are ex rental guns and when I stripped them for an overhaul there was very little wear just some a bit on the piston teeth

If you want something cool

eng_il_PP-19-Bizon-2-sub-machinegun-repl

+1 for Silverback PP19, mate of mine has one and it's boss as fuck as well as the most original weapon on site every game day :D

Actually I came from small and full bore background and I am into target shooting and practical shooting. But I am getting bored of just shooting at targets, either at prone, kneel or standing position. Or running around in practical shooting. I am a FAC holder. (Firearm license)

So the reason I am getting into Airsoft is because it is safe to shoot people, and have to react when they shoot back at me. (No I am not a nutter on a rampage.) Also I can use my skills from all the other shooting disciplines.

I think I will save up for a Systema, I want a gun which feel like the real thing.

This is what I got at the moment. Again, I am not good with modification, so I got it from a good custom rifle company. I got the:

1. LanTac LA-R15 .22 AR15 Semi Auto Rifle http://www.lannertactical.com/LANTAC-22LR-LA-R15-AR15-Raven-Rifless.html
  2. LanTac Custom Short Barrel RAVEN .223 Straight Pull Rifle http://www.lannertactical.com/Custom-Straight-Pull-AR15-Rifles.html
  3. Benelli M2 Practical
  4. Pro TSC 1911http://www.thetunnel.co.uk/pro-tsc-1911
  5. K22 LBP .22 pistol

I was going to start Deer stalking, but I love animal too much. And don't really want to kill anything which is alive. So Airsoft seems to fit the requirement. But if I start Deer stalking and become a Deer Stalker, I can actually get a real 9mm Pistol for humane kill. But as I said I love animal and all living things, so don't want to go down that road.

So I think Systema is the answer to my requirement. I will save up for the M4A1 and the MP5 for my wife. It is a shame Systema doesn't do pistol or sniper rifles. :( Maybe I will get TM for those.

I had a very similar situation to yourself. I'm in my 30s with a well paid job so I don't have the same budget constraints as for example a teenage airsofter. Again like you with all my hobbies and interests I usually buy high end at the start as I know otherwise I would end up buying progressively better and better gear so may as well start at the top.

I see you are considering a SYSTEMA but I would stand in front of your speeding training yelling DONT DO IT! You will fork out £1400 and have no recoil which is just plain retarded! Seriously bro, an airsoft gun without recoil feels just wrong! Recoil for me should be a stabdard feature! It's something that once you've had, you will never live without it again (like cars with aircon, central locking and power steering).

Get down to a shop and actual test fire the tokyo marui recoil range guns. They have incredible reliably and range and are superb straight out of the box (no need to tinker with them at all).

For now get on YouTube and watch as many gun reviews as you can. That will help a lot. And at your budget completely ignore cheaper options as quite frankly although some of them are ok, you don't need to entertain that option. It's like I visiting a KIA garage when you can afford a mercedes. Why bother actually bother? I know a lot of people may shoot me down for saying that but most of the time these are people who have a tighter budget to play with and see the more expensive guns as 'over the top'.

• Supporters

So how much 'fatter' are they and how does that effect the feel of the gun?

Your experience with a real M4 or AR15 is?

It's nothing massive but it's certainly noticable. The weight is off on AEGs to, if you want something realistic them a PTW is the way to go (other than a TM recoil/ERG/GBBR). If your used to using a real AR15, like the op, then having something with the same balance and size etc would be a benefit compared to a normal airsofter who hasn't used one.

My personal choice would (and has been) be a TM recoil or a G&P if on a smaller budget but the op did say he wanted the most realistically feeling rifle and excluding GBBRs, a PTW is the one to go for- granted there are CTWs and DTWs but they'll fall apart/need parts replacing with real systema ones anyway.

If you like the recoil effect - TM recoil shock, if you dont want recoil - VFC with the internals replaced with Lonex and a mosfet. My tuppence worth anyways.

• Supporters

So how much 'fatter' are they and how does that effect the feel of the gun?

Your experience with a real M4 or AR15 is?

It's about 4-5mm, definitely noticeable to the eye if you put two next to each other.

Experience with a real AR15 was a 6 week exchange with the US Navy in 2010 where I put approx 2,500 rounds through a variety of M4/M16 platforms. Have also handled (but not fired) the L119A1 SFW and the L129A1.

AEGs are in no way as realistic as they appear, everything from weight distribution to the feel and finish of the materials is normally 'off'. It doesn't bother me really, but if you've got experience of real AR platforms and want realism; like the OP, you'll notice the difference.

Archived