Operation Skylight - Hertfordshire Location - Okto Eight Milsim

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For food on 27hr games I prefer an old fashioned Ukrainian method-

Get some thin Myslivska sausages,throw them on a plate,douse them lightly with horilka(aka vodka to you western pigs) and spark it up with either some flint or a lighter-wait a few minutes and you have some nice fried sausages. If you have a metal tripod or something you can keep the fire going and maybe heat up something else you like. I use an old steel plate so after I take the sausages I quickly throw in some dried wood and brew up some tea.

Serve with Rye bread,butter and Preserved vegetable salad from a can or some saurkraut even.

I sometimes bring along some premade buckwheat porridge that I fire in a can before the game too. I might heat it up like the tea.

For sweets,nature valley bars,some fruit and those Ukrainian made 'Milk chews' you find in a lot of newsagents-Addictive as fuck they are.

feast of champions there m8.

• Supporters

^^and woe betide anyone standing behind, or even worse sharing a tent with, you!

When meanandgreen were having a sale earlier this year i picked up some bundeswehr emergency rations which i haven't tried yet. I'm not expecting much - the ingredients make it sound like it will be sort of soft shortbread (contradiction in terms i know, but there we are :lol: ), but you never know, if anybody could come up with a lump of vegetarian stodge that contains all the food groups in the minimum possible volume and still tastes alright, i'd bet on the Germans to do it!

Otherwise the vegetarian MRE's that are on offer to British squaddies aren't bad. TBF, if any of you can remember those silver brick ration packs, there's nothing at all to whinge about in the new ones... even the narsty coffee is head and shoulders above that Mellow-Birds/Humbrol-Cement blend that they used to use!

Sounds like a good Moldistani dish to me !

For food on 27hr games I prefer an old fashioned Ukrainian method-

Get some thin Myslivska sausages,throw them on a plate,douse them lightly with horilka(aka vodka to you western pigs) and spark it up with either some flint or a lighter-wait a few minutes and you have some nice fried sausages. If you have a metal tripod or something you can keep the fire going and maybe heat up something else you like. I use an old steel plate so after I take the sausages I quickly throw in some dried wood and brew up some tea.

Serve with Rye bread,butter and Preserved vegetable salad from a can or some saurkraut even.

I sometimes bring along some premade buckwheat porridge that I fire in a can before the game too. I might heat it up like the tea.

For sweets,nature valley bars,some fruit and those Ukrainian made 'Milk chews' you find in a lot of newsagents-Addictive as f*ck they are.

feast of champions there m8.

Replace Rye Bread with Lavash,and the sausages should better be beef or something. Good luck getting Lavash in the UK though. I've yet to see it anywhere outside of east europe personally..

The other stuff,That's just my usual 'ration' I bring along camping or to 27hr games.

• Supporters

Love rye bread :wub: with heart crippling slabs of butter...

Okto Eight Milsim have posted on their FB page

Booking for Operation Skylight will officially open on 18th April. 8 places in SOF, 10 places in the MDF and 18 places in the MPF. In the unlikely event that full quota numbers arent met for any reason, we are still going to run with a minimum cover. First come; first served...

• Supporters

I was hoping for a bigger event. 36 players doesn't seem to justify the amount of back story to me. It's too soon for me to think of paying for stuff after NAE when I haven't even paid for that yet!

• Supporters

I'm bored of music festivals. It's been literally decades since one felt like something extraordinary might happen. They're just gigs with more dirt.

The decision was taken to go with a total group of about 30-40 players so as to provide total immersion.

With this number of people, it allows everybody to get involved and play an instrumental part in the day or weekend. Everybody will get to know their team on the run up to the game and many tactics will be decided before the day.

Also with this number, it allows people to interact more with the props, story and effects and have some involvement in making decisions.

Okto have a high staff to player ratio and it will be leaning towards the filmsim side of milsim.

Milsims come in many shapes and sizes - there is no point doing what others already do.

This will be something a little different and its what the guys at Okto do best.

We have already received a lot of interest, even at this early stage.

On many milsims, you just book up a few weeks before the event, turn up and you're one of many.

This game starts now - the conclusion just happens to be five months away..the players formulate the conclusion.

We are already looking for locations for the follow-on game 3-4 months later.

• Supporters

What's this morphine pen thing about, baz?

It's an alternative to booze... :)

Thanks for telling me about the pen Baz. Makes sense now, I thought we were going to be using the actual things :D I hope MDF don't fill up, I should be booking hopefully by mid-may, just need to convince my parents about travel and convince my friend to get down aswell.

• Supporters

just need to convince my parents about travel

Easily done...

You: On the one hand I have a realistic imitation firearm; on the other I have apron strings.

Rents: [jaw drop] Er... when you put it like that... right. Er... phone when you get there, ok?

Easily done...

You: On the one hand I have a realistic imitation firearm; on the other I have apron strings.

Rents: [jaw drop] Er... when you put it like that... right. Er... phone when you get there, ok?

I don't know why but I found that way too funny than it actually was.

Easily done...

Thanks for that. Should really help :P

• Supporters

Always glad to help, me... ;)

• Supporters

It's probably prejudice on my part, but I just don't imagine that many airsofters are also twits...

• Supporters

Just an idea Baz, and something I have suggested in the past when we've had discussions about these types of games on here. Instead of marshals in Film/Milsims wearing high viz why not kit out in light blue. Marshals = UN inspectors sent in to trouble spots to observe, you could even write it into the scenarios, one of them could be an MI5/6 or CIA type asset that can take part in some games maybe change the colour of their headgear/ whip off the blue helmet cover when they go overt. It is just as obvious as high viz in the woods and both of your teams will be in distinct camo.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.