Operation Skylight - Hertfordshire Location - Okto Eight Milsim

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A soft milsim will be held over a weekend in September where there will be two 8 hour games; one on the Saturday 20th and a follow on game, on the Sunday 21st. Camping over is possible if you want to play both days and stay on the battlefield for an overnight ceasefire.

Titanium has been discovered in the little former Soviet union country of Moldistan.

A corrupt government is selling out the nations heritage to the highest bidder and the Moldistan Defence Force is trying to silence objectors. Rebels in the form of the Peoples Front of Moldistan have just murdered the Minister of Trade and are prepared to stand up to the President.

Both US and Russian Forces are rumoured to be interfering in the natural course of things and events are spiralling out of control.

Its only a matter of time before the peace is shattered and the forests rumble to the sounds of war.

This Milsim will be delivered by professional organisers Okto Eight Milsim.

Cost is expected to be £35 for one day and £60 for two.

Booking hasn't opened yet, but when it does, you will be able to choose a force and then you will have access to confidential intel relevant to the force you have chosen to fight with.

Until then, watch the Okto Eight Milsim page on Facebook for the latest developments

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Okto-Eight-Milsim/300316936785367?ref=hl

and no its not my company and no, I don't earn out of this ! (just in case you were wondering)

Dates fixed for 20 and 21st September 2014 at Kings Langley, Hertfordshire which is just off the M25.

Cost will be £35 for one of the days or £60 for both.

The background, photos and intel is building on the Okto Eight Milsim Facebook page.

• Supporters

£60 on trains alone for me, so it's doable but unless the camping is Fri, Sat & Sun free/nominal it'll be hard to justify for me. Unless a lift materialises from Nottingham of course.

There will need to be a setting up day on the Friday so its quite likely there will be camping from the Friday on.

There will be a non refundable deposit of £25 when booking though so this might be a risk for you if your health lets you down when we get to September. The deposit can be sold on though.

I don't know if you've seen the load out guides on the Facebook page but I would imagine the Peoples Front of Moldistan might be right up your street.

Looks like it's going to be the MDF at the mo' for me. Hopefully I can persuade for a slightly early b-day present so I can play on day 2 as well. Any restrictions on guns/gun camos yet as I may paint mine black over the summer hols.

• Supporters

Yeah, that was my thinking re: loadouts.

I should have an idea of how the meds experiments I'm being subjected to are likely to pan out by mid July, but in any event unless my quacks have miraculously achieved their holy grail of producing sufficient analgesia to stop me complaining without the least modicum of pleasure or side effects which I cannot accept, I'm planning to call a halt to whatever they're are up to so I have time to take matters into my own hands for NAE, so an extra month shouldn't hurt. In which case I may be somewhat more jovial than is my habitual modus operandi, but surprisingly enough considering the hype, I am also likely to exhibit a degree more mental acuity... which will be nice :lol:

No, there will be no restrictions on the outward appearance of weapons.

As it is a milsim/filmsim style, it would be nice if players would choose weapon types that correspond to their role, but we cannot enforce it as a rule.

PS - MDF is the defence force or government troops.

@Ian_gere

IF I am going and IF you can get to Peterborough you can car share with me mate

• Supporters

Booking hasn't opened yet, but when it does, you will be assigned to a force and then you will have access to confidential intel relevant to the force you have chosen to fight with.

Which is it? They'll be better off letting people choose surely?

Other than that sounds like it could be quite a good event if it gets the numbers

Which is it? They'll be better off letting people choose surely?

Other than that sounds like it could be quite a good event if it gets the numbers

Sorry - badly worded.

People CAN pick which team they want to fight for and then they are assigned to their chosen team once they pay their deposit.

• Supporters

@Ian_gere

IF I am going and IF you can get to Peterborough you can car share with me mate

Yeah, that'll be doable. Thanks mate :) Only thing is I'm not allowed to drive due to meds, so as long as by "share" you mean go halves, thirds, or whatever, on petrol and hand you drinks/munchies/smokes/etc then yeah i'm your man.

re: intel

I don't think an FB group convo is likely to stay secret...

If this is going to be the start of a long running plot/theme then maybe a forum is the way to go?

Ian

The teams each have their own secret Facebook group. Only those booking into the team get admission and can see the intel..

The available intel is different for each group as it would be in reality.

For those that don't use Facebook, it is circulated to a nominated email address for the person booking.

At the moment, initial intel is appearing publicly on the Okto Eight page to give people a flavour. This will cease after an initial period and the intel will go "underground" appearing on the relevant secret group only.

If the first game is popular and they get the numbers, then it may well run to a quarterly game in a series and then a forum might be the way to go.

• Supporters

yeah Baz, i mean for sure fb is a good way to make sure a lot of softers hear about it through friends like invites, but i just don't see anything in a 'secret fb group' staying secret for long - i mean fb isn't known for security... but hey perhaps having to adopt a cointelpro role could be part of the immersion for some ppl (would have been for me a few yrs ago but with the meds i'm on these days i'm lucky to remember the passwords to get into my own fucking stuff let alone complicated apps etc)

Colonel Pav Lukashenka, head of the Moldistan Peoples Front rebel force A.K.A MPF. Tired of the dictator president, Gretsky and the high level corruption that fouled the government of his country, he broke away and formed his rebel force in the woods. Many of his fellow rebels are ex MDF and well trained, dedicated soldiers.

post-7324-0-63573300-1396720086_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

post-7324-0-63573300-1396720086_thumb.jp He's sooooo MoneySupermarket.

Initial plan for camos for three forces in Operation Skylight

MDF Moldistan Defence Force - M81 Woodland, Russian KKO, DPM or Flecktarn with matching jacket/top and trousers in one of these camo's.

Moldistan Peoples Front (MPF) is the same camo type but where either the jacket/top or trousers are a solid non-camo colour e.g olive green, tan, black, blue, grey. It is also permissible to have all drab solid colours such as olive green, tan, black, blue, grey top and bottom. Note - assault rigs can be either solid or camo.

Coalition Force Special Operations Team and/or advisers - MTP or Multicam

Baz,

DPM and/ instead of M81?? Probably open it up to more people without the need to buy a new set of camo

Ah fair enough just thought it was limited to the listed stuff.

• Supporters

DPM is listed :huh:

M81 Woodland, Russian KKO, DPM or Flecktarn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.