Hi Capa firing on full auto

ronnyjodes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got a clone Hi-capa (believed to be WE but no markings on it) that I've had for about 9 months now that has decided it wants to be a MAC 10 and routinely fires on full auto instead of single. It fired fine for the first couple of games I had it but the hammer started locking half way back every now and then when shot. Somebody suggested it could be an issue to do with the metal slide and needing a 150% recoil spring to help shift the weight although I'm not sure if this is bollocks or not. Before I could make any alterations the gun started having problems where it would fire a few shots perfectly fine and then would start with the hammer issue and would then fire full auto on every trigger pull and empty the mag in a few seconds.

I'm not massively confident at tinkering with the internals other than taking the slide off for a bit of cleaning and maintenance. I've watched a few videos on Youtube and read a few forum posts that suggest it's the leaf spring. I've had the back of the grip off and aligned the leaf spring with the bit it sits on (the sear?) which according to most folks fixes the issue. I thought I'd sorted it the other day as it was firing perfectly but after half a dozen shots it was going back to auto. I've adjusted the spring a couple of times and it keeps doing the same- working for a handful of shots as normal before going full auto again. I've watched a video where somebody suggest bending the leaf spring but I've also heard doing this incorrectly makes the difference between a working gun and a nice ornamant.

Has anybody got any ideas or can tell me what I can do to get it working properly again.

Cheers

Jon

check your seals on your mag, and the best way for us to see whats wrong with it without us having it infront of us is to have a few pictures so, if you could take a picture of the top of your mag (where the gas comes out) as well as the slide and the trigger mechanism underneath the slide then go from there, you will need to take the slide off which i hope you have done before to lube and clean the pistol?

Yeah, I've had the slide off before. The first time it happened it got a good clean and a mate lubed it for me (no sniggering) as I've not got any of my own. It's only been fired on a handful of occasions since to test if it was still full autoing but it hasn't been lubed since.

I'll get some pictures posted tonight.

Archived