New delta ring installation advice?

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I recently bought a Magpul MOE PTS Handguard, but found it wouldn't fit my CYMA M4 as it has the TM style delta ring.

I purchased a metal real steel style delta ring for £12.

I have removed the flash hider, FSP, gas tube and existing delta ring components / parts from my gun and just need to attach the new one.

As you will see from the pictures though, the new one I have is threaded, as if it should screw on. My gun doesn't have threads to accept it, although I thought I only needed a new delta ring and then it should be ok (didn't know it had to screw on :/ )

It appears it's just too big, so I was wondering if I could file it down slightly just a millimetre or less.

Would it fit then? I'm not sure how it locks into place or anything after that. I can't even get the existing delta ring assembly to do that (but it will slide over the cylinder part at the end of the barrel)

Hope I explained if alright and this is easy enough to understand

Thanks,

J

post-7670-0-51194400-1396187383_thumb.jpg

post-7670-0-10982000-1396187431_thumb.jpg

post-7670-0-18975100-1396187474_thumb.jpg

I think it should. Lots of AEGs must have them because otherwise how would they have MOE PTS handguards? I was told I needed a new delta ring for it to fit so I bought one of Lozart.

post-7670-0-16062900-1396199175_thumb.jpg

(I did have some other pictures, but I must have deleted them. You might be able to see the problem in this one)

The upper half fits on fine but the lower section can't. Looked to me like the delta ring was stopping it and when I made a post about it this was confirmed by the guys who said I would need the other style IIRC. Can't remember exactly what I put or anything but yeah.

• Supporters

Real steel delta ring won't fit on an AEG spec M4. It'll only fit PTW's or GBBR's (I think)

Yeah, they do. Just not that one it seems.

OK, seems you may need to go back to your original delta nut and modify the lip on the MOE handguard so it fits over the inner nut on the original delta ring. There's little nubs inside the lip of the MOE guard that are designed to fit into the indentations on the "real steel" style delta rings. I would suspect that the reason the lower doesn't fit is because the little lugs that stick out of your original delta ring inner nut don't line up with the nubs on the guard. You could either dremel (or file) the lugs off the hut or (slightly more tricky) cut the nubs out from the inside lip of the guard.

Thats strange, Ive never seen an upper receiver with no threads to attach the barrel nut :huh:

any Ive come accross have been threaded like below

Mbody_GP_M4AEGUpper_lg.jpg

I guess it must be just CYMA / TM's that are like this then. No idea why they couldn't just do a threaded one.

I'll try to get round to modifying the handguard this weekend but I don't know if I will get chance. Thanks for the advice.

I guess it must be just CYMA / TM's that are like this then. No idea why they couldn't just do a threaded one.

I'll try to get round to modifying the handguard this weekend but I don't know if I will get chance. Thanks for the advice.

TMs are threaded and my mates cyma is also threaded as I he recently fitted a DD RIS II and had to screw the barrel nut on. Its baffling why yours isnt :blink:

Probably best trying to source a new upper receiver that is threaded. Save you some headaches

Archived