Does Umarex makes good airsoft?

kenshin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As I said I came from other guns background. And I know Umarex makes great pistol and smg for small bore or airgun. But do they make good airsoft guns? Please advise, if they do or not.

Also can some of you recommend some really good brands which I should look at? I don't want cheap budget one. I will rather save up money and get a really high quality brand.

Thanks in advance. :)

• Supporters

Umarex don't make airsoft guns, their airsoft guns are simply re-branded.

As for some brands to take a look at:

G&G

Cyma

LCT

Real Sword

Tokyo Marui

WE (Stay away from their older models)

G&P

JG/Golden Eagle (They've stepped up their game recently.)

King Arms

KJW (They're ok)

VFC (Stay away from their GBBR's)

ICS

Classic Army

Ares (Hit and miss, aesthetics are the only thing good about them.)

And lastly, SRC (Their G36's are outstanding.)

Umarex don't make airsoft guns, their airsoft guns are simply re-branded.

As for some brands to take a look at:

G&G

Cyma

LCT

Real Sword

Tokyo Marui

WE (Stay away from their older models)

G&P

JG/Golden Eagle (They've stepped up their game recently.)

King Arms

KJW (They're ok)

VFC (Stay away from their GBBR's)

ICS

Classic Army

Ares (Hit and miss, aesthetics are the only thing good about them.)

And lastly, SRC (Their G36's are outstanding.)

If you are only allow to name 3 brands, which 3 is the best brands? Thanks

It can depend on the gun really, for example SRC makes good G36s, but their M4's aren't great.

LCT and Real Sword are amazing. G&G are good and of course, Tokyo Marui - quality is outstanding, their guns always get good reviews and are very popular.

Not sure about King Arms but I think I have heard they are a good company too.

JG and CYMA generally make good budget guns that are good for beginners. CYMA is very good with AKs though, and arguably make some of the best (except for LCT / Real Sword) but again not all of their guns are as good. A rule with CYMAs is not to buy their earlier models (you can tell by the name / designation. The lower the number, the earlier it was produced) above CM.040 usually but with some exceptions.

• Supporters

If you are only allow to name 3 brands, which 3 is the best brands? Thanks

If you're a beginner and want a cheap, good gun:

G&G (Combat Machines)

Cyma (AK's)

JG (Newer gen guns)

If you want a gun with great looking externals and high quality internals:

LCT

Real Sword

VFC

Thanks I think I will look into Tokyo Marui, because it is made in Japan, it must be good. The LCT, Real Sword and VFC are made in Hong Kong, Taiwan or China. Which in my eyes I like Japanese stuff better.

But boy... They are expensive, but I rather have a few high quality guns than having lots of lower quality guns.

TM AEGs may be made in Japan but they are horrifically inflated price and hype wise outside of Japan. Their internals are only reasonably strong and only build for 1J springs as per Japanese law. They are well assembled internally and good performers out of the box and rather cheap(in Japan) so they are quite popular. They are not made for high stress and powerful springs.

Keep in mind,their 'standard' AEGs are Budget guns,often sold around the 120-150 pound mark. To get an idea of how much they are actually worth look at echigoya's prices,who are a Japanese retailer who sell overseas(Probably have the lowest prices for TM anywhere)

http://echigoya-guns.com/guns/index.php?route=product/category&path=36

An exception is TM's proline 'Recoil shock' models which feature some CNC external parts,all metal externals,Recoil mechanisms,beefed up gearboxes and new hop up unit designs. They are quite costly.

Most of TM's older stuff is 10-20 years old by design,like the good ol' AK47 originally designed and released in 1994 and featuring no changes whatsoever.Same goes for a few other models.

I can't speak too much for internals on guns since I tend to tune everything(Reshim,AOE correction,MOSFET,etc...) and most stock parts I'm fine with as long as they don't break.

TM AEGs may be made in Japan but they are horrifically inflated price and hype wise outside of Japan. Their internals are only reasonably strong and only build for 1J springs as per Japanese law. They are well assembled internally and good performers out of the box and rather cheap(in Japan) so they are quite popular. They are not made for high stress and powerful springs.

Keep in mind,their 'standard' AEGs are Budget guns,often sold around the 120-150 pound mark. To get an idea of how much they are actually worth look at echigoya's prices,who are a Japanese retailer who sell overseas(Probably have the lowest prices for TM anywhere)

http://echigoya-guns.com/guns/index.php?route=product/category&path=36

An exception is TM's proline 'Recoil shock' models which feature some CNC external parts,all metal externals,Recoil mechanisms,beefed up gearboxes and new hop up unit designs. They are quite costly.

Most of TM's older stuff is 10-20 years old by design,like the good ol' AK47 originally designed and released in 1994 and featuring no changes whatsoever.Same goes for a few other models.

I can't speak too much for internals on guns since I tend to tune everything(Reshim,AOE correction,MOSFET,etc...) and most stock parts I'm fine with as long as they don't break.

Thanks I will check out that site. :)

• Supporters

Thanks I think I will look into Tokyo Marui, because it is made in Japan, it must be good. The LCT, Real Sword and VFC are made in Hong Kong, Taiwan or China. Which in my eyes I like Japanese stuff better.

But boy... They are expensive, but I rather have a few high quality guns than having lots of lower quality guns.

Tokyo Marui standard AEG's are completely outdated compared to what's available.

Tanaka are more collectors weapons,often having pretty looks but being useless performance and game wise. Exception to this are their Gas sniper rifles.

if you have the money for RealSword guns GO FOR THEM. Bombproof internals,very good performers and externals and some models like the Type 56 and T97 are demilled Norinco rifles,which are made out of weapons grade steel and materials. Their Dragunov is probably the only sniper rifle which can be classed as usable out of the box.

• Supporters

As above, TM are waaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. I recently bought a TM AK-47S, with an Inokatsu body kit on it, for a price which I will not embarrass the seller by mentioning. Just as well, because when I opened it up to upgrade the spring (which is a given on all TM AEG's) what I found in place of a gearbox is a collection of tat the bald faced cheek of which I wouldn't expect to find in an 80-odd quid Chinese AK from Poland.* Fortunately it is the same size bearings as ICS AK's, 6mm, so I was able to banish the plastic, for those who know what I'm on about, I repeat plastic bushings to the bin and fit the stainless steel ICS ones which came out of my AKS-74U - the gears look like they were cast and jig-ground out of something which, although it probably isn't, looks like twopenny ha'penny pot metal, so they've gone in my 'never see the light of day again unless it's desperation stakes bag' along with the anti-reversal latch (just b/c i'm disinclined to trust it considering the company it kept :lol: ) to be replaced by some pretty rough steel ones I had lurking and a steel cutoff lever is on order from my HK contact... I will say this for it though, I haven't touched the piston head, O-ring, air nozzle, hop unit, rubber, or inner barrel and it does shoot 'kin sweet as...

As above also, best to decide what type of gun then decide on the make. There are also other considerations too, like whether you plan to learn to tech your own guns, will you want to buy mags and accessories 2nd hand, what is your budget / have you got a significant other who will disapprove when (and I say when deliberately) your wallet takes a spanking, will you be after looks more than performance, vice versa, or both... do you want to just buy a gun and have it do/be what you want out of the box, or are you prepared to mess with it / have it messed with...?

*I mention this specifically because the CYMA CM.028 range (free shipping), particularly the .028U and .028A, are excellent shooters OOTB - they just don't take being messed with often and if you fall heavily on one it may snap. The CM.032 M14's are good to shoot also and the green one doesn't look bad either (but the wood effect one looks like my hole on roids).

So I should stick with this list only?

LCT

Real Sword

VFC

I wouldn't discount other manufacturers. Truth is, most make some decent and not so decent guns. Out of the box none are "perfect" in every way.

Ultimately you need to do what any buyer should do when buying their 1st AEG:

- Decide your budget

- Decide what basic type you want (M4, AK, MP5, Aug, bla bla)

- Decide what subtype you like (full length, CQB short style, RIS, bla bla)

Then take a look at reviews based on those criteria.

You will also get a much better and clearer recommendations by asking "I want to buy an CQB style M4 AEG and my budget is £xxx, what can you recommend?".

I wouldn't discount other manufacturers. Truth is, most make some decent and not so decent guns. Out of the box none are "perfect" in every way.

Ultimately you need to do what any buyer should do when buying their 1st AEG:

- Decide your budget

- Decide what basic type you want (M4, AK, MP5, Aug, bla bla)

- Decide what subtype you like (full length, CQB short style, RIS, bla bla)

Then take a look at reviews based on those criteria.

You will also get a much better and clearer recommendations by asking "I want to buy an CQB style M4 AEG and my budget is £xxx, what can you recommend?".

Thanks to all who replied. I will try to decide exactly which style of guns I want, then ask on the forum again. Thanks :)

Archived