New spring guide

Joshb1612
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I recently installed a new spring guide in my M4, because the stock one was faulty. I ordered the new one from proairsoftsupplies, I believe it was a baring spring guide.Anyway, I noticed that stock spring guide had a small washer on it, unlike the new one which was probably 6mm longer. Wondered if someone could tell me if this will majorily effect my FPS.

Thanks

Josh

No it will not majorly effect fps... (it's like 5-10 fps because of that small spacer ) ... Standard guides use panstic washers / spacers to let the spring move around a bit... If the new one has bearings on it then it should have a small metal ring on it that holds the bearings .... Bearings is MUCH better at allowing the spring to rotate :-) This rotation prevents springs from twisting and minimize spring breaking :-) .... The "spacers / washers Or Bearings" gives 5-10 Fps extra so removing them will lower the fps slightly ...So If you have spacers both on the guinde and inside the piston, then you can get around 10-20 FPS compared to no spacers at all ...

The extra FPS comes from the extra spring compression ;-)

Oh cool cos I was worried, and my mates broke his chronograph so I can't test it until game day. Yes it has a washer then the bearings then two more washers, if I'm remembering correctly! Thanks for explaining it to me, knowledge is power and all that!

Archived