Importing above UK legal limit Airsoft?

kenshin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone know if this is possible? I come from a Small bore, Full bore, Airgun and practical shotgun, rifle and mini rifle background. And looking into Airsoft as you can actually shoot people in the game.

I am wondering, if I can import an above UK legal limit Airsoft rifle. If I got a UK Firearm License, will I be able to import above 500 FPS rifle?

I know above 500 FPS rifle can't be used in any matches in the UK. But I have seen some really nice rifles in the USA and I like to get them.

Thanks, and let me know what you think. :)

You won't be able to import anything non two tone at all unless you can prove beyond reasonable doubt that your an airsofter, reenactor or or a film studio.

Having a firearms licence doesn't cover you to import airsoft guns. Only the specific defenses laid out in the vcra 2006.

• Supporters

All the same guns will more than likely be available here as well, it's just a case of knowing where to look.

All the US sites will hog the links on Google because it's all a lot more popular over there so those links will see more hits than anything over here, which doesn't help the position of our shops in the rankings.

Link us to what you want and I bet we can find it in the UK.

As an additional note though, there are no power limits for airsoft set in law, so importing an airsoft gun firing at over 500fps would be no different from importing one that was under that limit. Customs aren't going to have anything to differentiate the two.

It all comes down to whether or not you can prove you're a skirmisher, otherwise the gun would have to be two toned.

I've seen some websites from abroad offer to send your gun but dissembled and it two different delivery to get past customs. Seems pretty shady to me...

I've seen some websites from abroad offer to send your gun but dissembled and it two different delivery to get past customs. Seems pretty shady to me...

Customs copped onto that a longggggg time ago.

• Supporters

Answer to the question though; fps is entirely irrelevant to import, border force won't/can't test the power of the gun so it doesn't matter. All they're interested in is the appearance, if it looks real they'll hold it.

Although, as ed said above, if it's a spring gun you're likely able to find it in the UK.

• Supporters

Short of a Daytona kit or something exceedingly rare/old, you can probably find just about anything in the UK.

Guest PT247

I got one for sale at the mo if any good to you? (assuming you have a defence?) with 5 mags, chest rig and holster

Archived