International shipping with Evike.

fergysonly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Buying a WKA km4 SR7 from evike as i cant find it anywhere in the uk. Anyway evike says that when they ship the gun to the UK they will 2 tone it free of charge so it will get past customs, however they also say something about sending in you're UKARA via email... does this mean they wont 2 tone the rifle as long as i can prove i have a UKARA license?

Thanks,

Jake.

Another thing mate, it's a UKARA defense, not a UKARA license. It may seem trivial but if more people start using the term 'license' to describe it, members of the public would consider airsoft guns as items so dangerous they need to be controlled by a licensing system.

So in a nutshell we don't really want airsoft to look as if it's dangerous enough to need a licensing system.

if you have a ukara number, just get them to clearly write it on the side of the box for you. if only the stock and grip are painted, I don't think it will be over 50% brightly coloured, so it could be seen as an RIF by customs and then destroyed.

thanks for the advice, ill try and contact evike to clear everything out, if its all still a bit risky i'll look for a different rifle.

Also i hadn't thought about the value of calling something a license when its not, so thanks for informing me haha.

• Supporters

Buying a WKA km4 SR7 from evike as i cant find it anywhere in the uk. Anyway evike says that when they ship the gun to the UK they will 2 tone it free of charge so it will get past customs, however they also say something about sending in you're UKARA via email... does this mean they wont 2 tone the rifle as long as i can prove i have a UKARA license?

Thanks,

Jake.

That's what it means.

Changing a two tone into an RIF by swapping parts or removing/repainting bright colours is legally called "Manufacturing a Realistic Imitation Firearm" and is illegal unless you have a defence specified in the VCRA - for our purposes, you have the defence if you are an airsofter. You do not need to be UKARA registered for the defence to apply to you, so literally a photo on your fb wall of you airsofting will make any question about changing colours go away, but not so with UK Customs about importing... so either get UKARA, find someone who has a UKARA number with whom you can come to an entirely legal arrangement (see the UK Law section of this forum), or look up how to remove paint from plastic using Fairy Powerspray on yt...

Don't worry about the % coverage. They know what the law is, or they wouldn't be offering the service. The thing you do need to be aware of is that all imports from the USA will get hit for VAT by customs and the courier will add a handling fee of £8-£20 on top, so if you can find that gun from Europe, or Hong Kong / China even, that would be better (there's no VAT on EU imports and most China imports get in without being examined, but probably not an RIF since it will probably be flagged up by x-ray looking like a gun).

As Ian has said I would try not to buy anything from the States. You are going to get shafted on VAT on anything you import.

that's what i've been thinking but the descriptions and stats are very similiar the only real difference i can see is that the ehobby version is set up for lippo batteries and is made by Redwolf whereas the Evike version is set up for 9.6v standard batteries and is made by Matrix.

http://www.evike.com/products/44006/

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/other-gun/other-rifle/wwii-model/rwa-mg34-aeg.html#.UzvoUFfLLhI

They are different guns. The Matrix is an MG42. The ehobbyasia is an MG34.

I am also not even sure that MG42 is out. Isn't Matrix G&G in the USA in disguise? And if so there MG42 is a long way off. I could be wrong. I have also heard horror stories about Evike having thing 'In stock' when they are actually only pre releases. Be very careful.

Archived