feeding problems

Matt101
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

I'm recently new to airsoft, been playing for about 4 months and already hooked.

So I've been out and brought a ASG defender R.I.S M95 (basically no different to a M4)

I've started upgrading it by fitting a new madbull 6.03 tight bore barrel and hopup system, that's all great, brought some cheap midcap magazines and had feeding problems had to fire about 20 bbs before they came usable. In the end got fed up of wasting ammo, so decided to buy 5 metal 190 round midcaps from MAG as I've read these are one of the best manufacturers for magazines, filled them with bbs and put straight into my gun and once again feeding issues!!! it fires 2-3 bbs every 10-15 shoots, I have to push the magazines in quite hard for them to lock in place, but once in they are a nice fit, it fires up side down ok, well the bb's fire into the ground after 10 yards but continually

Any help would be great as it's starting to drive me mad

Is the hop unit being pushed away from the gearbox with the new mags?

If you take the mag out and use your finger to push the feed nozzle on the hop toward the front of the gun does it spring back into place when you release it?

You may find that the hop isn't seating correctly and the above should give you an idea.

If you keep pressure on the bottom of the magazine and shoot does it feed ok, it may be that the feeding tube isn't locating into the mag feed hole completely, try a good bit of upward pressure and see if it will work

Hmmm, my call would be that your gun doesn't like your new mags, not every mag will be compatible, but perhaps someone else may be along to shine more light on it, as it certainly doesn't sound like an issue with your gun.

Well not really, I'm still finding out some types for my king arms, it seems to be a bit fussy too.

Best bet would be to ask some people at your local site if you can have a little try of some of their mags, then keep a note of which work.

I have success with magpul pts PMAGs and king arms mags, other types so far seem to be a bit hit and miss if you'll pardon the pun.

Hope this helps a bit

Archived