Lowering FPS on m Ruger Superhawk

fergysonly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, recently bought a umarex ruger superhawk 6" (black) because i wanted something a bit fancy although it is arguably impracticable as hell.

Anyway i need to downgrade the fps as its hitting 450-500 fps and i play on an indoor sight (max 350fps)

looked around and i cant find out how to lower the fps. A mate at work suggested it was the hammer hitting the pad thing (cant recall what its called) and the harder it hits the higher the fps and there is a small piece i need to replace to decrease my power. Can anyone point me to the parts i need as i currently have no clue.

Thank, Jake.

• Supporters

Usually cutting the hammer spring does the job on nbb handguns. I don't know about this exact model but if it has a normal spring as a hammer spring, then cut a very little piece of it and check the fps. Half a turn maybe.

• Supporters

Find out if you can get a replacement spring before you go cutting it, mate, because a balls up will be terminal if not.

Archived