Batteries for a new player.

Adam3088
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been looking into what batteries to buy for the G&G G2010, which I should hopefully be getting soon (waiting on UKARA).

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know all 'GT' G&G AEG's come pre-fitted with a mosfet which should make it suitable for LiPO use, but was wondering if instead it would be better to go for 9.6v LiFE instead?

Price wise they're very similar, only disadvantage seems to be the slightly larger size, which shouldn't be an issue.

Would this be likely to cause any problems with the AEG? Or should the internals be ok with it?

Either should be OK to use, but with the Lipo go for the 7.4V version. Not having a mosfet does not preclude you from using a Lipo, or LiFE. It just makes it easier to monitor battery use, as "most" mosfets will cut the current when the Lipo / LiFe starts to get close to the minimum voltage needed to keep the battery safe. If you want it to last all day, go for something with at least a 2000 mAh capacity, preferably 2600mAh. Anything less then it's probably sensible to buy two batteries and swap them at lunch. Look at http://www.componentshop.co.uk/ for a good deal on batteries and chargers.

• Supporters

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know all 'GT' G&G AEG's come pre-fitted with a mosfet which should make it suitable for LiPO use, but was wondering if instead it would be better to go for 9.6v LiFE instead?

Only the gen 3 top techs come with a MOSFET, some of their line do not have gen 3 versions available so you would want to check that.

There is no reason you couldn't use a 7.4V LiPo if the gun you want only comes in gen 2 flavour, however G&G says that their gen 3 guns can take 11.1V LiPos. I'd imagine someone on here has experience using/trying 11.1V LiPos in them so could probably let you know if they are worthwhile(obviously they offer performance benefits but put more stress on the gun)

Either should be OK to use, but with the Lipo go for the 7.4V version. Not having a mosfet does not preclude you from using a Lipo, or LiFE. It just makes it easier to monitor battery use, as "most" mosfets will cut the current when the Lipo / LiFe starts to get close to the minimum voltage needed to keep the battery safe. If you want it to last all day, go for something with at least a 2000 mAh capacity, preferably 2600mAh. Anything less then it's probably sensible to buy two batteries and swap them at lunch. Look at http://www.componentshop.co.uk/ for a good deal on batteries and chargers.

Was thinking of getting a couple of 1600's and doing a lunch swap, I can be a bit trigger happy.

Such as http://www.componentshop.co.uk/9-9v-1600mah-25c-mini-battery.html

Only the gen 3 top techs come with a MOSFET, some of their line do not have gen 3 versions available so you would want to check that.

There is no reason you couldn't use a 7.4V LiPo if the gun you want only comes in gen 2 flavour, however G&G says that their gen 3 guns can take 11.1V LiPos. I'd imagine someone on here has experience using/trying 11.1V LiPos in them so could probably let you know if they are worthwhile(obviously they offer performance benefits but put more stress on the gun)

Had a look at the manual for the G2010, shows an 'electric brake set' under the parts list,would this be the G&G term for a mosfet?

I'm not really that bothered about having the crazy rate of fire of an 11.1, LiFE just seemed like a better option due to their fewer drawbacks.

Archived