Need help on a sight

TomRobbo94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically I want a laser sight (underbarrel) that doesn't come on until I put my finger on the trigger. Like a torch you would whem you grip the foregrip or pistol grip. Nothing like fingertip recognition haa just seeing if someone could send me in the right direction.

No so when I put my finger on the trigger the laser comes on like pressure switch but on the trigger

• Supporters

No so when I put my finger on the trigger the laser comes on like pressure switch but on the trigger

It's do-able but not with an off the shelf unit. Basically you need a laser with a remote pressure switch. You then need to cut off the pressure switch part and rewire the ends into the trigger contacts on your AEG. You will only be able to achieve this however if you wire the trigger contacts through some kind of relay as the trigger has power running through it. You could run the trigger wire through the coil of a small relay and use the relay contact to switch on the laser but you'll need somewhere to stash the relay plus the additional resistance of the relay coil would affect your trigger response/rate of fire.

• Supporters

could you not wire it into the trigger wiring in the gearbox?

The trigger wiring carries power (unless it already has a MOSFET), the switch on a laser or torch needs a volt free contact.

Guest PT247

could you not use the AEG battery power though to turn on the light? Would drain the battery a bit but surly possible?

• Supporters

In theory yes, but the extra load would still affect rate of fire etc.

Why not just get one with a remote pressure switch and put it on the pistol grip so you can activate it with a finger or your palm?

Would make more sense. By the time you pull the trigger it's too late to aim.

• Supporters

I think it would be a nice gadget on a pistol, if the laser lit up when you put 1st pressure on the trigger, but on a rifle it's just fluff to go wrong. Sadly I don't know enough about airsoft pistol triggers to think of a way of doing it other than the simplest method of just creating a miniature pressure switch:

2 spade connectors, flattened, 1 with the tip folded back to form a bump, then separate them with a piece of foam, and seal the whole thing with heat shrink insulation

You could glue that neatly to the trigger, but of course it would depend on the pull weight of the trigger being sufficient so that the switch would operate before it fired.

• Supporters

While it could be done I think it'd be very difficult to do it reliably and in order to switch on the laser you're going to need to be putting pressure on the trigger... sounds like a recipe for disaster to me!

Better off getting a surefire style pistol light/laser combo with what's called a 'DG switch', it attaches to the back of the light and puts a little button where your middle finger sits, squeeze your middle finger and it switches everything on! Unfortunately, very expensive.

Failing that, a standard laser with a remote pressure switch taped to the grip which you squeeze when you want the laser.

Archived