Not sure what I'm looking at...

simonm1863
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello All, new to the forum and never knew this world existed until I came across this place, it's all very interesting!

Anyway, I was hoping you could do me a favour;

I've been clearing some things from a relatives place and have come across the attached and have a couple of questions;

What is it?

Is it legal?

How can I sell it?

What would be a fair price for it all?

I know it's a small scale replica of a Mac10/11 or something.

I couldn't resist 'testing' it (great fun) and it jammed once whilst emptying all the bbs so it seems to work well considering it probably hasn't been used for a few years. Two of the gas canisters are full, one about half.

I think it was bought circa 2008/2009 ish.

Any help with this would be great.

Cheers,

Simon

post-9130-0-72424900-1395863370_thumb.jpg

post-9130-0-65267900-1395863376_thumb.jpg

Your looking at 3000-5000 bbs and a kwa m11a1 gas Airsoft gun which is worth about £80 new but you could get maybe £60 at a push ifyou wanted to sell it, however its full black (non two tone) and I assume that you don't play Airsoft so I recommend looking at the rules and regulations about RIFs in the UK if that's where your from

• Supporters

Probably closer to 2500 BBs there.

It looks like an older KWA M11A1, probably on their older system, rather than NS2/System7 that they use now.

As they are essentially discontinued in that system, mags are hard to buy either new or second hand so that drops the value of the item.

If it's on a new system, 60-80 would be fair.

Old system 50-70?

Where are you based in the country, a local site/shop may be able to identify if it runs on the new, available mags for you

As for if it's legal. It's legal to own it, if you sell it then it is your responsibility to ensure the buyer intends to use it for airsoft. Obviously you should not carry it in public unless it's in a bag.

• Supporters

I disagree with the above value estimates. If it costs £80 brand new with a warranty, a common enough gun like this which is now obsolete, coming as it does without a history, with just 1 mag, from somebody who, and please forgive my frankness, doesn't know their arse from their elbow in this area... you'll be doing well to get £40 for it. If someone offers you that much, bite their arm off, because you'll be sat on it for months waiting for more.

Archived