Building an RIF

SuicidalBarrelRoll
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Quick question: can I buy blackbparts (e.g. JG full metal black receiver) that need no proof of age and legally construct an RIF? I really am sick of 2 Tone and have money and time to build an RIF M4 custom.

Thanks,

-SuicidalBarrelRoll-

Quick question: can I buy blackbparts (e.g. JG full metal black receiver) that need no proof of age and legally construct an RIF? I really am sick of 2 Tone and have money and time to build an RIF M4 custom.

Thanks,

-SuicidalBarrelRoll-

why dont you have ukara?

If you have time and money, then go out get your UKARA defence. It's not hard to get one.

If the reason why you don't have it is because you're under 18 then I would recommend camo tape too.

Legally I would say no, you're not allowed to do it. It doesn't matter how or where you're going to buy the parts - it's still going to be a RIF. That said, if you can use camo tape (you must take it off after a skirmish day so the gun is two-tone again) then in theory it would be okay if you bought black parts, but only put them on at the skirmish site, and then replaced them with the bright coloured parts after. It would take no time at all to switch your handguard and stock and there you go.

Best thing to do about that is ask your local site, and remember always keep your gun in a bag when transporting it etc.

Well the issue is that the law restricts the sale of IFs and RIFs to minors but seeing as the parts are legal to own/be gifted what is the specific section of law against my proposed action?

That would be the bit where it's illegal to 'manufacture' a RIF.

That said, the defence against prosecution technically only requires that you be manufacturing "for the purposes of airsoft skirmishing at a site with third party liability insurance" (sic).

Do you play airsoft at a decent site?

Not legal.

It is manufacture of a RIF. Without a defence (UKARA, Theatre or reenactor) OR being over 18 you WILL be prosecuted if caught.

This.

I'm 17 and I do have my reasons I do a very little bit of custom work for my friend who does play and was asking about a whole custom gun

okay so its ilegal for you to buy any RIF or IF you can be gifted one (no money or other items exchanging) and so no you cant do it legally and if you get caught doing it even against our advice it will be very bad for you (from the law and police) and the for the sport so please just dont do it wait until your 18 get a UKARA defence (most recognised one) and then do it.

Archived