PLEASE HELP ME (re L96 bipods)

Will palmer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looks like you have a swivel point just on the underneath of the foregrip there, any decent bipod will fix to that without issue, e.g. Harris type.

Edit, just realised that's the part you say is broken, it's called a sling/swivel stud mate.

• Supporters

I don't think you can just buy that bit, unless someone is selling a broken down L96, you may actually end up having to buy a whole stock second hand from someone.

Mine's broken too, which is quite annoying as I'm now stuck with the crappy stock tri-rail and bipod. If you do manage to find what you're looking for, post here or let me know please, and I'll do the same if I find it.

• Supporters

You could go with a barrel mounted bipod like this or this.

• Supporters

You could go with a barrel mounted bipod like this or this.

Problem with those on an L96 is the way the barrel is attached to the stock. It's attached with just two screws, and they're quite far back, so putting the weight of the gun on the barrel past the stock will cause it to lift up from the receiver slightly, and the very slight movement of it puts your sights out and makes shots go quite a bit higher than you'd expect. I had this problem when I lost my bi-pod and spent a couple of games resting the barrel on logs etc. for support.

What material is your stock/area where your current swivel is fitted, it shouldn't be difficult to pilot drill and screw in a new swivel stud close to your broken one, then fit your bipod to that, as the studs are self tapping.

Should be an easy fix, even if you need to play with epoxy to secure.

http://www.ronniesunshines.com/jack-pyke-swivel-stud-screws.html

Archived